Banned

New phx owner 920 merc 250

Got a few questions.

6. Where can I get the seat covers that say phoenix on the back of them?

8. Has anyone installed a motion alarm on their boat?

Thanks for the help

I love the boat, its amazing no matter where I put the jack plate and trim I havent felt a drop of water on me...
    Last edited by Jeff from Iowa; 08-22-2017 at 07:32 AM.

2. Member
    I have a Yamaha, so I don't know on the Merc questions, but here's a couple.

#4- Check out http://precisionsonar.com for the dash/sonar questions. Randy has some awesome Phoenix options.

#6- If your seats don't have the Phoenix sticker on them, I wouldn't add it. They are notorious for peeling/wearing off unevenly, and some folks have successfully taken them off.

3. Member
    3. Yes it happens to a lot of Mercs. I don't know the fix
    4. What dash do you have now? There's a couple different ones.
    5. They have plugs on the Phoenix website that are better
    6.I would bet Tim could help you out. They were probably supposed to have the logo on them.
    7.You can buy a lock deal at academy or pretty much anywhere.
    8.I put an alarm on mine like drewtick has on his. They have motion/vibration and sensors on all the lockers. They do make motion sensors though. TH marine makes one

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    #4 plus 1^^ on Precision has some great options
    #5 yes will PM
    #7 http://www.trailerandtruckparts.com/...l#.WZryQyiGO70
    #8 I run a Viper System with Shock sensors and all compartments hardwired, too many false alarms with motion in an open area.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

5. Banned
    seat covers, not seat stickers. seat covers. cloth covers Ive seen them on pro boats in a video

6. Member
    I've never seen them. Maybe they had them custom made.

7. Member
    my trim on smartcraft don't work

8. eddrunner@bellsouth.net
    My Hose that covers the wire s from motor to boat broke also. Tape did not hold on mine. besides I did not want tape on rig I had that much money invested in. On my other boats boats very easily replaced. Not so much on my 920. Dealer told me not to raise no more than possible. Ed

9. Banned
    10-4 ed, I agree tape seems cheesy, but damn thats a lot of stuff to disconnect to replace it just for it to break again... Im thinking electrical type tape sold in the plumbing section its about 2.5 wide. but agree tape sucks Ive had my boat 4 days.

If you take the cowling off you can take the three screws that hold the rigging hose to the motor and cut the bad part out just after where its broke. Then reattach it. Takes a few minutes and super easy.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

11. Banned
    Thanks Jason I'll check that out

12. Banned
    Fixed the hose and cut the charger cord off and installed a male plug in deal so no dangling cord to pull out.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffjoldersma View Post
    Fixed the hose and cut the charger cord off and installed a male plug in deal so no dangling cord to pull out.
    The plug ins go bad so fast. I purposely 8nstalled my own charger to have the "dangly cord"

14. Member
    #1 you need to get a "digital trim sending unit" Mercs come stock with analog senders !..

15. Member
    1- digital trim sender is an add on
    2- if you want to change how your analog trim gauge reads... Raise plate if possible to keep from further damaging hoses and trim motor up. On port (passenger) side of motor you will see a small black disk about the size of a golf ball become exposed. Loosen the bolts on either side of it and turn it to change you trim readout. The trim will not fill the gauge before tilt is started as the movement length is different between them. I set mine to where full trim is halfway on the gauge. Little easier to see what you are doing.

Attached Images Attached Images

16. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    3- If you raise your motor trim all the way, or too high, like in order to get prop out of water while fishing, the hoses do break
    4- You have to order a different dash cover to get the one with big gauges.
    5- Bob's machine shop sells aluminum plugs for seat holes
    6- I've never seen seat covers. Always thought it would be a good idea to make some and market them.
    7- I got my trailer lock at Lowes, also Tractor Supply has them, or find one on line.

17. Member
    #3 Swap to mesh zippered rigging hose

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorsin09 View Post
    The plug ins go bad so fast. I purposely 8nstalled my own charger to have the "dangly cord"
    22 years on my last one installed on my bass boat still going strong.
    http://www.automotivepartsfactory.co...113346753.html

19. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Jeff what are you wanting the motion detector to do?
    tie to an alarm system with siren?
    work with a 2 way remote?
    call you on the phone?
    one or all can be accomplished but motion detectors will pull constant power where shock sensors dont, its not much but would be a slow drain unless charger was connected. also motion detectors need an end point, they have a range but with the wide angles open areas outside they are very unpredictable and will probably activate if anyone even gets near the boat
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com