brands of lithium batteries

Need some name brands to search for please, been playing on ebay some and there are so many but had to come here to get an understanding of AH and such to help with my search....Thanks in advance

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLETRM View Post
    Need some name brands to search for please, been playing on ebay some and there are so many but had to come here to get an understanding of AH and such to help with my search....Thanks in advance
    No real need to look any further if you want trolling batteries. Battle Born offers a 12 volt 100ah for $899 each. If you use coupon code: Buck50! You get them for $799 each with free shipping in the US. They come with a 3 year free replacement warranty and a 2 year prorated for year's 4, and 5. If u have anymore questions you can pm me here, call or text. 740 339 0799.. You can also check out there web sight.

https://battlebornbatteries.com/

3. Banned

4. Member
    So, exactly what is the typical expected lifespan of lithium batteries? There are a lot of AGMs that can be had with 3-4 year warranties, maybe it's not an apples to apples comparison on the warranty, IDK.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bluemcm View Post
    So, exactly what is the typical expected lifespan of lithium batteries? There are a lot of AGMs that can be had with 3-4 year warranties, maybe it's not an apples to apples comparison on the warranty, IDK.
    I'm hoping for 10+ years from mine. The advantage of lithiums beside the obvious weight savings is that they can be fully discharged and not damage the battery unlike lead acids and even AGM's. For instance, Battle Born batteries are tested daily, charged, and discharged at harshest conditions. Even after 3000 cycles the 100 ah Battle Born has the compacity of an 80ah battery. This is why I personally chose a 100ah over a smaller ah battery for my trolling motor. With a smaller ah battery you risk not getting the full life potential of your investment.

The lithium manufacturer's claim 10 x the life span of lead acid...of course nobody has had them in a bass boat for that long, so results may vary. If they do make the 3000 cycle life span, that would certainly be at least ten years for the average guy.

7. Member
    Thanks fellas. So for a 24V TM, most still go with a 2 12V battery set up as you would with lead acids?

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Thanks fellas. So for a 24V TM, most still go with a 2 12V battery set up as you would with lead acids?
    I would say yes, most do go with 2 12 volt batteries when going with lithium in a 24 volt system.

9. Member
    Ok, thanks. Never thought I'd give lithium battery technology even the tiniest bit of consideration due to cost, but my Champ certainly would benefit from less weight aft. The pricing, especially with that code above, and ability to charge with my new Minn Kota Precision charger are making me think more strongly about this. Info on the website is really useful too, don't have many unanswered questions at this point.

The way they run down, is it worth having a simple volt meter to gauge how run down they are? I have a Blue Sea digital volt meter wired through a momentary switch at the bow that I was planning on using to monitor my TM batteries, now I'm not entirely sure this would be useful with lithium batteries.

10. Member
    And one last question I didn't find an answer to yet, can a LFP battery be used to jump start or provide additional power to the start battery in a situation where the start battery gets to low to start the big motor? I've got a system with a Blue Sea switch where I can tap into one of the TM batteries, having it in series with the start battery, to help if I were to get into a tough spot with the start battery.

11. BBC SPONSOR
    And one last question I didn't find an answer to yet, can a LFP battery be used to jump start or provide additional power to the start battery in a situation where the start battery gets to low to start the big motor? I've got a system with a Blue Sea switch where I can tap into one of the TM batteries, having it in series with the start battery, to help if I were to get into a tough spot with the start battery.
    Yes you can use your Blue Sea switch if you are in a tough spot. Just do not leave the switch on for any long period of time. Basically use it to get started and back running again.

12. Member
    If you want to know way way too much about lithium batteries, give me a call Robbie I'll try and put my EE B.S. to use to help ya.

I still need a ride in the Bullet now that you are done with break in...

Quote Originally Posted by NCLifetimer View Post
    If you want to know way way too much about lithium batteries, give me a call Robbie I'll try and put my EE B.S. to use to help ya.

I still need a ride in the Bullet now that you are done with break in...
    Anytime you ready, had an empty backseat a lot lately!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLETRM View Post
    Anytime you ready, had an empty backseat a lot lately!
    Sweet! Let me know next time you are around Falls/Jordan/Harris and I'll be happy to join!

15. Member
    Ok, thanks. Never thought I'd give lithium battery technology even the tiniest bit of consideration due to cost, but my Champ certainly would benefit from less weight aft. The pricing, especially with that code above, and ability to charge with my new Minn Kota Precision charger are making me think more strongly about this. Info on the website is really useful too, don't have many unanswered questions at this point.

The way they run down, is it worth having a simple volt meter to gauge how run down they are? I have a Blue Sea digital volt meter wired through a momentary switch at the bow that I was planning on using to monitor my TM batteries, now I'm not entirely sure this would be useful with lithium batteries.

Has Minn Kota or the Lithium manufactured released that it is safe to charge their batteries on the Precision charges? I have the 460 and was under the impression it wasn’t for lithium. A new battery charger has been in my calculations for cost to upgrade if I choose this route, unless something has changed??

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfong9 View Post
    Has Minn Kota or the Lithium manufactured released that it is safe to charge their batteries on the Precision charges? I have the 460 and was under the impression it wasn’t for lithium. A new battery charger has been in my calculations for cost to upgrade if I choose this route, unless something has changed??
    Relion has tested their batteries with the MK PRECISION (PC) chargers and they work just fine.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

17. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfong9 View Post
    A 460 pc on the AGM setting is how I charge my Battle Born's. It's also a charger that is on Battle Born's list that they've tested as an acceptable charger.
    Last edited by Buck456; 01-20-2018 at 10:11 AM.

18. Member
    I have had 3 48ah K2 lithium trolling batteries for 28 months. Purchased a starting battery from The Lithium Battery Company 18 months ago. I ended up buying a 4 bank charger from dual pro, with 3 banks programmed for the K2, and one bank for the starter. Charges better and faster, I feel.
    Keith Broussard Caney Lake, Louisiana
    2000 TR21 2000 Mercury 250 Pro XB OG980775 14" hydro plate