Favorite Decarb Tricks?

Did a decarb today. Let some Seafoam soak in the cylinders for around 6 hours. Fired it up and cleared that. Then did a follow-up with Seafoam spray through each injector throttle body while running. What does anyone else do?

For real is mostly, last trip of season, park the Boat.. and forgetaboutit.. Then when someday comes around haul it to dealer, and let them mess with it. next season

3. Member
    Use Ring Free religeosly. No need to decarb.

4. Member
    Use Ring Free Mercury Quickleen SeaFoam religeosly or every tank of gas know need to decarb . Not in that order if you feel me .

5. Member
    Star-Tron Ring Clean Plus every tank. Twice a season I spray the throttle body and spark plug holes with Blaster Lawn Mower Tune-Up. $4 a can at Tractor Supply Co. Easy to do and give me peace of mind. Also lets you read the plugs. I use Pennzoil XLF semi oil.

6. Member
    Search a guy on YouTube that does comparisons. He uses lawn mowers with different products and shows the effects. Best I've seen was marvel mystery oil. He tried water, seafoam, all the stuff you can buy. NOTHING truly cleaned the carbon off but the mystery oil was the best. From what I saw the best thing to do is run fuel treatments in every tank. Stabil marine and ring free is what I use

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJohnSind View Post
    Use Ring Free religeosly. No need to decarb.
    Ringfree and Marine Stabil ALWAYS.

8. Member
    I just put a couple of cans of Seafoam in each tank and call it good. Prop looks spotless inside and plugs are clean.

9. Member
    Yamaha makes a product available to dealers that is very good at knocking the carbon out of motors we have used with success on motors that are very carboned up.

10. Member
    Thanks for all the input. I don't think I was in bad shape. Just trying to make sure everything is tip top. I do run Startron and Startron Ring Clean every tank.