Best products to keep ants out of camper

Any suggestions for best ways/products to keep ants out of camper while camping. We are new to owning a camper, we keep everything in zip locks but still have ant trails coming in.
    I have used some sprays with some success. Any tips would be appreciated.thanks.

I have my bug guy spray mine everytime he does the house. Always worked for us.
    89 Ranger 360v/05 Optimax 200

3. Member
    Home defense works best. I spray the underside, leveling jacks, sewer hose, cable line, basically anywhere they can crawl in. Do that after every trip (I only do 2 trips per year) and a couple times a summer. Only way I've been able to keep those little bastages out. Works on spiders too.

4. Member
    When I bought my cabover (used)there were dog flea and tick collars in all the exterior compartments. The RV dealer said some folks used them to keep bugs out.

5. Member
    Go to Southern States and get some Talstar-d. Mix 1 1\2 oz per gallon of water in a garden sprayer and spray entire perimeter of RV. Works for almost any bugs AND spiders. Apply twice a year.

6. Member
    Demand CS. I use it at home as well as in and around my camper.

7. Member
    I use ant spray on anything that touches the ground. Jacks, hoses, cables etc. Also make sure no limbs are touching the top of your camper, they will take the high ground and get ya. If you plug a fan or a cord in the side of your camper during the day... spray that as well. If you have extended stays or dry camp off the grid, just repeat the process once a week.
    For storage precautions we only use certain cabinets for food. This helps eliminate any food being left in camper. The cabinets and fridge get cleaned before storage. Spray the jacks as soon as I park it.

I have a stuffed Aardvark under the trailer .

9. Member
    Sprinkle Borax around the base on the ground. Sure they are just the Argintine Sugar ants.

2016 Phoenix 921 ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

Ant traps and home defense sprayed at all floor and window perimeters also any cable or wire runs that penetrate walls or floors ,,,BUT PLEASE EXCERISE CAUTION IF YOU HAVE PETS AS MOST THE STUFF THAT KILLS THOSE PESTS WILL HARM YOUR PET

11. Member
    Viper insecticide or place a few suckers on the outside of the camper to keep them out.

while at camp ground, I took a plastic lid off empty coffee can. or similar lids. dead center cut diameter hole 1 made for power line and another matched to water hose. then cut I split to hole, place on the water & power cable, just above ground so it don't touch ground, then smear a daub of Vaseline around cut hole 360 around where lid hole touches the hose and cable. they're going to crawl along those any way.. but usually stop when come to the Vaseline. ants & spiders. On the 1st MH and following 2 TT Bought , over the years ..I bought SS Wire and made my own covers for roof intake of fridge, and panel for water heater, fridge acesss and exhaust of stove fan and exhaust of propane water heater, to keep out the fly's, wasps, yellow jackets etc.. yea can buy premade from RV Store but saves some $. and other slotted open panel if not Hot Heat/Exhaust comes out can use regular screen, I used Hot Glue Gun to glue the screen onto those out side plastic Panels. So keeps the insects out.

13. Member
    I have always sprinkled Sevin dust around any point where the camper touches the ground.

14. BBC SPONSOR
    How about some simple foggers, I had this prob when I first built my house years ago that was my resolve.

15. Member
    Go organic ...

16. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    We sprinkle comet powder cleaner around everything that touches the ground and that works great for us. Do the occasional once around with Home Defense as well.

17. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Terro ant killer they will take it back to the nest.We put it outside and inside.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Terro ant killer they will take it back to the nest.We put it outside and inside.
    This. Those Terro traps are amazing. You'll see hundreds more ants the first day, and none after that.
    2019 Ranger Z520C
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS 4S
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades
    Lowrance HDS Live 12
    Lowrance HDS Live 9

19. Member
    On the inside I use Clorox multi surface spray cleaner to kill them running. They die instantly and you clean at the same time, no poison to worry about.