Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    This thread has got me nervous, so I should change my 2003 good year marathons? They still look new at 14 years white lettering in tact. I'm just nervous that what ever I replace them with won't last as long as these tire.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob McKenzie View Post
    This thread has got me nervous, so I should change my 2003 good year marathons? They still look new at 14 years white lettering in tact. I'm just nervous that what ever I replace them with won't last as long as these tire.
    I was tired of trailer tires either blowing out or bubbling up, so on November 22, 2003, I installed a set of P metric automobile radials on my single axle trailer. On October 6, 2017 (14 years later), while pulling away from a traffic light, I had one literally come apart. Fortunately, I was only going about 5 mph at the time. They also still looked great. I knew I was rolling on borrowed time and had been shopping for properly rated replacement trailer tires. I replaced them with the Goodyear Endurance trailer tires. The manager at the Goodyear store told me that the DOT requires "all tires 10 years old" to come off the road. Hopefully, the Endurance tires are as good as the ratings they have been receiving. I would definitely replace them now before you have the headache of a blow out!!!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob McKenzie View Post
    Heck Carlilse has a video out that recommends changing a trailer tire out every 5 years at the latest. I wont run their junk tires period let alone 5 years. I don't plan on running my Endurance tires more than 3 years before replacing them. My shortest tow to the lake i fish the most is 1hr 15 minutes one way at internet speeds.

4. Member
    what air pressure are you guys running in the endurance tires?

Quote Originally Posted by z520brewer View Post
    what air pressure are you guys running in the endurance tires?
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=847904

4 page thread on page 2 of this forum

Goodyear recommends 65 at max load. Tires are rated at 2200 lbs each. I run 60 psi ( tandem trailer) in mine but that's just me. Depends on the load your hauling. Time will tell but had it with the china bombs. I have heard Goodyear will quit making the Marathons because of the negativity about them. Good prices on them now since dealers want to clear the inventory they have. But like I said, it's what I have heard, may be true, may be not.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06champ198 View Post
    Maxxis trailer tires have been bullet proof for me. Replaced all 4 3 years ago. Not one issue. Been a great tire.
    Have had Maxxis 8008, E Load rated on my 5th wheel RV....bullet proof and gave me piece of mind every time I towed!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123