Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    etrailer.com sells a Taskmaster Load D that I put on a year ago. 2200# per and 8ply. 232 perfect scored replies and I'm just one of them. I've had 2 people come up to me and say it the most impressive looking tire they have seen on a boat. Read the reviews as multiple Phoenix owners like them.

I should note that I have only had my tires for about 1 year. I've never had a marathon blow that was not 4 years old or more. No matter what you get, replace every 3 years no matter. Guys who trailer things 10x more then me all hold this same rule true.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

2. Member
    The Endurance is an American made tire. I support American jobs any time I can. To #### with those chinese workers. Don't do nothing for me except sell junk.

3. Member
    Whatever you buy insure to check the code date on the tire....I purchased "new" tires that were 4 years old!!!! The nerve.
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded

Quote Originally Posted by gfd View Post
    In short stay away from GoodYear Marathon tires period? My local marine supply store has the ST215 75R14 Marathons for my trailer on sale for $59.00 each reducing their inventory & I was thinking about changing my trailer tires which are the original Marathons. Based on what I'm reading I should steer clear. They also recommended Trailer King tires too?
    Damn, that is cheap. I wonder what the date code is on those tires? I have the Goodyear Marathons on my trailer now. They are 12 years old and still look new but are starting to fall apart. Time for new tires.

5. Member
    if you got 12 years on any tire, I recommend you go play powerball asap!
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

Quote Originally Posted by davidsa View Post
    Just checked the date code just to be sure, 1005. Looks like I got 12 years on all 5 tires! I bought the boat last year and didn't​ worry about the tires since they looked​ new and the boat ramp is two miles from my house. A few weeks ago one of the tires started to fall apart and went flat. I just ordered some more Goodyear Marathons.

7. Member
    Maxxis on 3 different trailers we own, been real good tires so far.

8. Banned
    I just left Goodyear getting an oil change on my truck and inquired about the Marathons. They are discontinued and are discounted to get rid of inventory. I've got 5 years and many miles on my Marathons and have never had a blowout. I have heard good things about the Endurance and will be buying them either right before or right after winter. Got quoted $130 a piece out the door.

9. Member
    A Goodyear technical rep at the Gadsden Alabama tire plant told me a couple of months ago that the Marathon was going to be phased out and won't be made in the US. Good riddens to Chinese junk is all I got to say. Hope Goodyear has learned its lessen that tires made in China are crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    A Goodyear technical rep at the Gadsden Alabama tire plant told me a couple of months ago that the Marathon was going to be phased out and won't be made in the US. Good riddens to Chinese junk is all I got to say. Hope Goodyear has learned its lessen that tires made in China are crap.
    My Goodyear Marathon tires that are 12 years old on my boat trailer are not made in China. They are also not made in the US. They were made in New Zealand...

11. Member
    I think he meant that the tires are 12 years old from the date it was made from 2005 and not 12 years that he had them on his trailer. But if I'm wrong then 12 years on a trailer is very impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidsa View Post
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

Quote Originally Posted by kercha83 View Post
    I think he meant that the tires are 12 years old from the date it was made from 2005 and not 12 years that he had them on his trailer. But if I'm wrong then 12 years on a trailer is very impressive.
    Skeeter boat with EZ loader trailer is 2005, so I'm assuming they are the original tires they put on the trailer in 2005. They still look new except the one that fell apart. I ordered more tires and they are in my garage but I'm holding off putting the other tires on till next year when winter is over with. See if I can make it to 13 years.

13. Banned
    Goodyear has a 10% off deal right now on the Endurance. Got mine today. Nice looking tire. D load rating

14. Member
    Just put goodyear endurance on mine and it tows great...so much better than the bias that were on it when I bought it. Discount had the best price in my area.

15. Member
    Our camper had factory marathons from 2001 on until 2015.
    Never a blow out, spare tire still had the little rubber nubs from the mould.
    Replaced when there was basically no tread left.

The original Marathons were amazing tires.
    Shame they went to China and couldn't get a reputation back when the finally improved quality again.

16. Member

USA

Hopefully the new Endurance Tires will be like the Old Marathons.

17. Member
    The original Marathons were not made in China like they have been the last several years.

18. Member
    I put heartland brand on my trailer at the first of this year. I think they are discount tires house brand. They always look low on air. I guess that's one way to make shire I check the pressure, because I'm always thinking they are low. I won't be buying another set.

19. Member
    Maxxis trailer tires have been bullet proof for me. Replaced all 4 3 years ago. Not one issue. Been a great tire.

20. Member
    I got a Goodyear to replace my last blown out tire. Done well so far. Not sure why everyone is concerned where these are made. I just want the best. Good products and bad products are made in all countries.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast