Maybe a stupid question?

I have never so winterized a boat being I lived in Texas and all have been garage kept. I have seen sticky thawed on mercury forum for what I need to do. Which it all makes sense. I have always stored my boat with the engine all the way down. I make sure after getting off lake as I prep trailer it is down to drain Cooling system.

My question. I now live in Missouri which have some cold winters. My boat will get to me in mid to late October, which means right after break in essentially I would have to "winterize it", which to me makes no sense other than a cold winter. It will be garage kept. Garage is finished(dry wall, insulation, house heating and cooling run to it). I can see my boat depending on how bad the winter is, sitting for 30-45 days. I have the water muffs. To run once in a while.

i will ask my dealer when I pick her up but I would like some advice from here also.

thanks
    2018 Phoenix 919, Mercury 225 Pro XS
    2016 Triton 179TrX, Mercury 115 4s
    1995 Bass Tracker 175Pro, 40hp Force
    1985 Bass Tracker 1800 Johnson 150 (I called it the lead sled)

2. Member
    You don't need to winterize it based on all you've stated.

3. Member
    I would only winterize it if it was going to be in freezing temps or sit for months. In your case make sure you run some good fuel treatment like marine stabil, keep your batteries charged, and that should be it. Some recommend a drop or two of oil in the cylinders.

4. Member
    I live in St. Louis and don't winterize. If you can handle the cold weather and like to fish a jerk bait, you can catch some pigs on LOZ in November through March. They have a couple of winter trails there.

5. Member
    I live in MO. No need to winterize. Best fishing of the year is December thru Feb in my opinion. Nobody on the lake and fishing can be great

6. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Here in Cinci OH we winterize yearly. I wouldn't read into this winterizing thing too much where you're at.
    Some say to store boat with full tank of gas to prevent moisture build up in tank...
    Some say to store with little gas, due to gasoline not staying as fresh over a few month period, then to fill up 1st time out.
    I've done it both ways, and never had an issue.