PORK LOIN SUNDAY DINNER!!

TODAY WAS DR. PEPPER CHERRY COKE INJECTED BACON WRAPPED 10 LB PORK LOIN.

I had to cut it in half to make it easier to handle and cook. Frigging thing was 2' long.

I injected it with Dr. Pepper Cherry Coke. Then I used a McCormick pork and poultry rub. I put on some extra virgin olive oil to help the rub stick to the meat. Then I draped some extral thick Kirkland Signature bacon over the pieces and then put them into the fridge for a 3 hour nap.

Heated up the REC TEC to 220 degrees and slammed the pig parts into the grill around 11:30 AM on a heavy smoke setting and a tube of of apple pellets to sweeten up the smoke.

Took four hours for the pig to get up to 125 degrees internal at which point I slathered one piece with some Sweet Baby Rays HIckory and Brown Sugar sauce and just the left the other one alone. I also bumped to temp up to 400* to crisp up the bacon.

After another hour the oinkers hit the recommended 145* temp for pork. Pulled them out...tented them with foil for about 15 minutes and then cut into the most juicy and tender pork loin I have ever had. Will have to do something similar again except Sue and I still have two dinners this week and two 3 lb loins frozen in the freezer for future eats. Gonna give some away to good friends.

CUT IN HALF TO FIT ON THE TRAY AND READY FOR INJECTION.

All rubbed up with the EVOO and rub.

Bacon draped over the loin halves.

Pigs into the heat. I hat to cut the ends off the bacon as they were too long for a proper drape. Just put them in a pan and into the smoker with their pig friends.

After 5 hours in the smoke and heat. One in back is the one that got the Sweet Bay Ray's. I couldn't tell much of a difference though.

Nice little smoke ring around the outside. Pork...it's the other white meat.

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

"Let's raise up our glasses against evil forces......Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses" - Toby Keith

Woooo that looks Goooood
    SeaArk ZX200DC Mercury 115 FourStroke

I'm in! Bacon makes everything better!

Crappie fish fry. It don't taste any better.

4. Member
    Looks awesome ! Can't go wrong on the Rec Tec.

I'm fixing to do a pork loin this weekend. That looks delicious.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw