Clunk on takeoff, 250 SHO.

I just switched props to a 26 pitch tempest plus. Only second time I have run the prop. I noticed yesterday that twice when I took off I felt a brief clunk ontakeoff as prop spun up. Checked prop and it's plenty tight. Any ideas?

2. Member
    I've noticed the same thing when I run my txp. I believe it has something to do with the flo torque hub kit. I'm not 100% certain why it does it but I have had the same thing for 2 yrs now.

3. Member
    I run a TXP with a flo torque hub on my SHO 250 and it has zero clunk except when initially moving from neutral to forward or reverse. Something may be wrong with the way you guys arranged the spacers/washers.

4. Member
    It could be. On the trailer I put it in gear and moved it and it feels tight as could be. That doesn't mean much when you consider 250 hp spinning it up though.

5. Member
    Have you retorqued the prop nut since installing? I had one once that I torqued pretty good but it still seated on their better when I ran it and when I went to remove the nut later, I could spin it off with my hand.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

6. Member
    I'll try that.