Thread: Lake Keowee SC

Lake Keowee SC

I am thinking about purchasing a lakefront lot in South Carolina for retirement.
    I have never been to lake Keowee, but I am planning on visiting it in the Spring for a few days to see if I like it. Looking for some input on the fishing and how is it for swimming and recreation?
    Also, If anyone can give recommendations on a top bass lake that would be top notch for a retirement home.( Main priority is for fishing).

Sincerely,
    George

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Keowee is an excellent choice. Seneca is a great town. PM me and I'll give you the name of a great realtor there.

I live 12 min from Keowee in Liberty,SC. Nice lake very busy on weekends and lots of houses. Fishing is tricky but can be great but tough if that makes sense. If you are wanting a gated community several to choose from. The counties are Oconee & Pickens counties to choose from. Large mouth, small mouth, tons of spots, cats, bream. We welcome you sir! Good luck!
    89 Ranger 360v/05 Optimax 200

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by firefisher113 View Post
    I am thinking about purchasing a lakefront lot in South Carolina for retirement.
    I have never been to lake Keowee, but I am planning on visiting it in the Spring for a few days to see if I like it. Looking for some input on the fishing and how is it for swimming and recreation?
    Also, If anyone can give recommendations on a top bass lake that would be top notch for a retirement home.( Main priority is for fishing).

Sincerely,
    George
    May want to try and come down when the Classic comes to town on Hartwell (next lake down on the chain) and check out the Anderson area.

5. Member
    As far as buying house on the lake, really depends upon what you want. I live within 10mins of Keowee, 25 mins to hartwell. IF I had to choose..... I really think from a fishing perspective I would choose Hartwell. Much more diverse fishery. Granted I probably know Keowee better, but... don't mean that I like it better. I personally wish Clark Hill and Hartwell were reversed. I like Clark Hill much better. Always have. IF I could choose one, I would actually live somewhere south of Anderson such that I could be on Clark Hill in less than an hour and still be on Hartwell or Keowee in same or less time. Russell is just a bonus..... great fishery dependant upon time of year. No docks, no homeowners, very little pleasure boats. Very tough at times, loads of timber...... IF I could just go pick not sure I would not elect to have a place on one of the Ga mountain lakes that have the huge spots, could still drive to any of the Sav River lakes and Lanier for a day trip.
    2019 Skeeter ZX250 / 250SHO
    Brian

6. Member
    Thanks for all the responses so far. Great points of view. I will be visiting the area in the spring and look around for the best spot.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    May want to try and come down when the Classic comes to town on Hartwell (next lake down on the chain) and check out the Anderson area.
    that sounds like a plan. I will look into that.