Torn on what units to get with the gen1 helix blow outs please help

So I was planning on upgrading this spring with more than likely a mega helix 9 at the console and a DI 9 or maybe maybe a DI 10 helix for the front.

With the prices of the gen 1 helix 10 si im seriously considering getting one now and putting it at the console. Then still buy a mega 9 helix in the spring which would take over the console unit and the helix 10 si would go up front.

Helix 10 si gen 1 can be had for $900 shipped right now... that extra resolution would be nice. I know it doesn't have chirp or the better DI. It does have the hdsi transducer which is better than the gen 1 9" which can be had for $800.

it would also allow me to stop mapping this year with acl

Have even slightly considered getting 360 for the front unit at some point if they have a mount for the new Terrova which the 10 would be a lot better than the 9.

If linked together after I get the helix 9 mega, if I have the mega on 1200hz I know I can't see the mega on the front finder but will it show 800hz when the console unit is set on 1200? Or do I have to set the console (mega) unit at 800hz to use the rear mega transducer?

Is it even worth linking if I would with a helix 10 g1 and a helix 9 mega?

thanks guys. Hard to pass on the helix 10si for that price.

2. Member
    Well found a new gen 1 helix 10 si for $880 with shipping no tax. Couldn't resist
    Buddy has a mega 9 so will be interesting to compare and help me make the choice on the second unit.

Almost tempted to order two helix 10 now but that mega is so nice looking plus dedicated DI.

I think you already know what you want ..... You need to get a G2.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

4. Member
    Just got a Helix 9 SI Gen 1 from BBG, great price super fast shipping. Rigged it up this weekend and I'm happy. Of course, my evolution in technology is huge being a step up from a 788CI with Quadrabeam transducer. Looking at the Helix screen is like watching a real time ultrasound of your grandbabies. Hopefully I can get some fishing in. I had a Navionics + card and the detail on the Helix is astounding as compared to what the 788 would display.

5. Member
    Where did you get a 10si for 880 shipped?!