Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gambler4 View Post
    Kyle Busch is a ass
    Why did he moon the crowd?

2. Member
    The brother and sister in law of a guy I work with are in Oregon also to view it. They flew from CT..

I work in hardware at HD and we sold out of welding lenses. Must of had at least a dozen people come in looking for the ISO glasses. Even Amazon was sold out.

On a side note I remember the day of the total eclipse referenced in Carly Simon's song Your so vain. I was in Jr high and I went fishing with 2 guys that were in a science class with me. The eclipse was a big deal to us kids in science back then. I remember because I was driving my bike to the pond and I snagged a branch causing me to crash and injure my knee. Hooked my first keeper bass that day fishing from a raised concrete dam and it fell off while lifting it from the water.
    Last edited by mattmann7; 08-20-2017 at 07:21 PM.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmann7 View Post
    The brother and sister in law of a guy I work with are in Oregon also to view it. They flew from CT..

I work in hardware at HD and we sold out of welding lenses. Must of had at least a dozen people come in looking for the ISO glasses. Even Amazon was sold out.
    Why not just travel to SC since its a lot closer?

4. Member
    Drove 10 hours? Wtf.

5. Banned
    It seems unreal that so many people are traveling great distances to be able to view this thing at less than 100% and also all those who will get under the 100% view. Some are making a ton of money by renting rooms or even their houses out for 2-3 days. Unreal. Will be 63 tomorrow and my daughter is having cancer surgery so the eclipse is down on my list of important things. Good luck to all who have made investments and traveled great distances to view this thing.

6. Member
    The crazy part to me is they drove 10 hours for 10 minutes of dusk.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    It seems unreal that so many people are traveling great distances to be able to view this thing at less than 100% and also all those who will get under the 100% view. Some are making a ton of money by renting rooms or even their houses out for 2-3 days. Unreal. Will be 63 tomorrow and my daughter is having cancer surgery so the eclipse is down on my list of important things. Good luck to all who have made investments and traveled great distances to view this thing.
    We will be praying for your family.

Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    Prayers to your daughter and your family.

Can't imagine not being impressed viewing a total eclipse, although I have never witnessed one. I've only witnessed about 80% partial eclipses a couple of times.

They claim there is no comparison between viewing partial vs total eclipses, even if it's 99% like it will be at my house. You will not see the sun's corona, diamond ring effect, baileys beeds, the shadow bands, seeing the moon's shadow racing 750 mph across the earth, or even be able to look at the sun directly without eclipse lenses during totality. I'll be driving about 35 miles to an eclipse party some friends are having, and really looking forward to it.
    Have you guys that weren't impressed actually experienced a total eclipse, or were they just partial eclipses?

just put on a dive mask and go about 5' deep in the lake then look up.. sun rays yea, but that 5' of water should negitate the infrared sun rays, just don't try breathing under water w/o a scuba air tank

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gambler4 View Post
    Kyle Busch is a ass
    Brad Keselowski is that you?

12. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    Quote Originally Posted by old373guy View Post
    My Brother and his wife drove up to Oregon just to see the eclipse. They drove 10 hours, paid 4 or 5 times what they should for a motel room only the find out that there is a large forest fire going on in the area they are in and the smoke will most likely obscure the whole thing. I'm sure there are thousands of other people that did the same thing. You would think they would have checked on that first.
    Why does it matter to you ? I think it's pretty cool and adventurous they took the chance..... I guess this is why your name is Oldguy...

Well, all of you who doesn't give a schitt about the eclipse have a good day of working, fishing, or whatever!

I'm off to see my first total eclipse in my 58 year lifetime and meet some friends I haven't seen in a while.

For the ones excited about the show the universe is going to put on, and seeing the beauty of God's creation-

Happy Eclipse viewing!!

14. Member
    I have a dumb question. ...What if it's cloudy?

Someone can have my eclipse spot, I'm working.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12