Alabama Bass Club Moderator

Thumbs Up Results of NoAl tournament on Wheeler

The August NoAl tournament was held on Wheeler today out of Joe Wheeler State Park. It was a really pretty day overall with just a gentle breeze but it got incredibly hot as the day progressed. The fishing, though, was anything but hot although several teams still managed to bring limits to the scales. First place went to Mike Lolley and Blake Gilbreath with a five fish limit weighting 10.98 pounds, and second place honors went to Dennis Sandoval and Matt King with another five fish limit weighing 8.34 pounds. Harry Speegle and Alan Carter weighed in a nice 3.46 largemouth which was our big fish of the day.

The next NoAl tournament will be on the 16th of September on Upper Bear out of Twin Forks. Look for a sign up thread in the next week or so.

Thanks again to everyone for fishing with us today and I look forward to seeing everyone again next month..
    Last edited by AveryF; 08-20-2017 at 09:26 AM.

2. Member
    Thank you Avery for all the work you do! Had a lot of fun!!

3. Netman extraordinaire Coosa Redeye's Avatar
    Well shoot. I hate that I missed it, but I hate more that I will also miss the next one. I really want to broaden my fishing spots and fish y'alls side of the state, but my company fundraiser tournament is the 16th on Neely.
    Good luck to all who fish up there on the 16th.

4. Member
    Congratulations to the winners. Looking forward to fishing with you guys at Upper Bear.
    May God bless all of you!!

Harry Speegle