Thread: Stranded

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    I'd be pretty pissed if its bad fuel. I've put nothing but 100% gas in it since day 1. I don't think that is the problem. It would still run (rough) on bad gas. It's not getting any fuel to the motor at all.
    I didn't see where your located. We got nothing but the shit that has ethanol mixed in to run in the boats. From what I was told if you don't keep up with treating it that it will eat away at parts and that's what I was getting at. If the crap in the fuel was making these parts weak over time.

2. Member
    Will someone please point me the right direction for ordering a spare replacement valve? Mine is like Panama's. I can put next to the spare hub I just purchased from Ranger, in the section marked "Things I hope I never need." thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DAnderson View Post
    Will someone please point me the right direction for ordering a spare replacement valve? Mine is like Panama's. I can put next to the spare hub I just purchased from Ranger, in the section marked "Things I hope I never need." thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0053HPOBU

NOTE, be sure and open the fuel filler cap to relieve tank pressure before disconnecting the valve. Be sure and pay attention to the fuel direction arrows on the valve.
    Last edited by Skeeterbait; 08-22-2017 at 06:13 AM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher89 View Post
    I didn't see where your located. We got nothing but the shit that has ethanol mixed in to run in the boats. From what I was told if you don't keep up with treating it that it will eat away at parts and that's what I was getting at. If the crap in the fuel was making these parts weak over time.
    Yea there a couple gas stations around here I can get 100% gas. It's about $.50 more a gallon and I still give it the Don Weed cocktail every fill up.

I ordered mine from Ranger using my Ranger hull ID number. When I ordered mine it was 2 or 3 years ago and I didn't really know what I was doing....neither did Ranger parts...but they worked hard to help me out and the parts folks there are great..... We didn't know the name of it so I sent a picture to the parts department and they got one for me. I have since heard of it happening to other people. I don't know if it is a part number change or if it is dependent on where they buy that particular batch of tanks....but beware that there are a couple of different designs out there of the same thing and they don't interchange. If it fails....the boat ain't cranking so I carry an extra one because I KNOW they can fail and I can change it on the water. I think sometimes the gas odor in the tank area comes from this thing.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

Parts evolve as issues arise. This closed system setup was all new at the time the Rangers came out. If the system is troublesome they will make changes which it sounds like they did the new part is different and seems less troublesome. If i recall Atwood was the only manufacturer at that time not sure about now.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

7. Member
    Re fumes from the valve.

That makes sense since the valve is designed to vent if pressure is too high.

8. Member
    I have a spare from Amazon in the boat also. It can definitely be a choke point. I did find out that the slot in the top is an override feature (poke with a screwdriver). I think it resets it or something. I just opened the gas cap last night and heard a lot of hissing from the pressure in the closed system, so that valve must be doing its thing.

Quote Originally Posted by richg99 View Post
    Re fumes from the valve.

That makes sense since the valve is designed to vent if pressure is too high.
    When mine went the plastic around the fuel line coming out had cracked and broke down so the fuel smell was coming from around the fitting. When it finally broke the rest of the way is when the motor died on the water. But mine isn't the inline style.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbait View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0053HPOBU

NOTE, be sure and open the fuel filler cap to relieve tank pressure before disconnecting the valve. Be sure and pay attention to the fuel direction arrows on the valve.
    Thanks Skeeter! I'm getting a spare..
    2017 Ranger RT188 - Charcoal Metallic
    Passenger Console
    3 across seating/ 2 across seating at bow

Mercury 115 Pro XS 4s
    Spitfire X7 19p 4 blade prop
    Atlas Micro 4 inch Jackplate
    Mercmonitor Smartcraft
    Sportsman II Powerpole
    Minnkota Ultrex 80
    TH Marine Eliminator Nut
    Recirc livewell
    Humminbird Helix 7 DI G2N GPS console for navigation
    Humminbird Helix 9 DI GPS G3N bow
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI Mega console
    Mega 360
    Boatbuckle G2 trailer retractable tiedowns

11. Member
    Dealer called today, it is the demand fuel valve. Replaced no charge. If you are looking for a good dealer, who takes care of you after the sale. Call Clark Marine, in Franklin, TN.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    Dealer called today, it is the demand fuel valve. Replaced no charge. If you are looking for a good dealer, who takes care of you after the sale. Call Clark Marine, in Franklin, TN.
    That's good to hear. I was going to buy a used boat there that had been used pretty hard and wanted to see it in the water before purchasing to make sure there weren't scratches/gouges that went clear through and let water in I was missing.(like under the bunks). It definitely needed marine Tex in a few places where they were through the gel coat. They were adamant that they didn't go to the lake but they stand behind what they sell. I won't do business with them because of that stance, but I am glad that they were telling me the truth.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bfrank View Post
    That's good to hear. I was going to buy a used boat there that had been used pretty hard and wanted to see it in the water before purchasing to make sure there weren't scratches/gouges that went clear through and let water in I was missing.(like under the bunks). It definitely needed marine Tex in a few places where they were through the gel coat. They were adamant that they didn't go to the lake but they stand behind what they sell. I won't do business with them because of that stance, but I am glad that they were telling me the truth.
    This is the 2nd boat I bought from them. The first was a used boat and yes I wanted to take to the lake too. Being in franklin it really isn't an easy trip to run a boat. It's 45 min to an hour depending what ramp you go to. So, I see their point. Only problem I had with that boat was the cranking battery went dead 2 weeks after I bought, they replaced that no problem. Bought this RT188 new, so I was less concerned about it, this time around. The RT has had a few stupid things break like trailer lights or the center cap on the rim fell off. They fixed or replaced them, no questions asked. They are good people.

When you get it and check it out ---- if it is the type that fits on the tank itself like mine.....Please PM me the part number on your invoice. Someway I have lost the Ranger part number they use and would like to have it for later in my Ranger boat file.....if it is like mine that fits in the top of the tank. By the way it was easy to change out. I did not see one like mine at Amazon btw. And also PM what it cost you. Thank you.

15. Member
    Panama, I will be giving Ranger a call in the near future & will be sure to get you the part number. Do you recall if it was just one part # or did you have to order more than one part? Thanks.

Panama, I will be giving Ranger a call in the near future & will be sure to get you the part number. Do you recall if it was just one part # or did you have to order more than one part? Thanks.
    I think I ordered just one part but it has been a couple of years so not positive. I usually keep boat related receipts but can't lay my hands on this one. No rush. The one I have looks good and no cracks . Maybe they changed the material or whatever...thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12