What is everyone doing with Onix SI transducer?

When upgrading to Solix mega from Onix it seems to me that everyone doing so would end up with a Onix side imaging transducer that is of no use to them. The transducer is pretty expensive from what I see and no longer being manufactured. I am not currently ready to upgrade to Solix but am having an issue with my 2014 Onix SI transducer ( one side going dark ). I don't see anything in the swap and sell so just wondering what everyone is doing with them and why?

I would guess if they sell the ONIX, the transducer would be included along with the power cord and mount.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Sorry I should rephrase. If adding a Solix to take advantage of Mega but keeping the Onix.

If I was going to have a SOLIX at the console and ONIX at the bow, I would not want to share sonar data from either one.
    I have a SOLIX and ONIX and use both transducers, share the SOLIX transducer sometimes if I have both units beside each other.
    The ONIX SI transducer can be used with the SOLIX if there is an issue with the SOLIX transducer.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Did not know the Solix could utilize the Onix SI transducer in a pinch. Good information.
    Thanks Wayne it makes more sense now.