Viper Coral 202 - Finally Found One!!!! Pics Posted

After searching for a few weeks, I finally found a Coral 202! The kicker is, it's only 89 miles from me! I feel pretty lucky considering it didn't take me long to find it and it's in my own backyard. We went and checked it out yesterday and are picking it up this afternoon. It's in excellent condition and extremely clean. The 2nd owner has had it since 2000 and stored it in a climate controlled building. Hopefully we'll be able to take it out on the water tomorrow morning! I went over it pretty thoroughly and everything works on it, except for the trim mount located on the motor. Hopefully it's an easy fix.

There's a few things I need for it and if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

1. Bimini Top - It doesn't have one. Where can I find a good quality bimini?

2. Ski Pylon - It doesn't have one nor were the cut outs ever drilled into the back of the boat. Suggestions on a quality ski pylon that will work with this boat?

3. Cover - It doesn't come with one although I've already reached out to Dean's and we plan on heading down there the first of Sept to get a custom cover. They're only about 4 hours from us and close to our favorite late... Bull Shoals!

It's a 1998 model. Anything I need to keep an eye on?

I've posted a few pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MidwestTexan; 08-21-2017 at 10:00 PM.

2. Member
    Dear Lord that is a beautiful boat. Welcome to the club. I'm going to swing by my storage unit later for my welding hood and I'll see what kind of bimini top I have. It is worth it's weight in gold!
    2000 Viper Coral 202/225 Pro Xs
    Ghost, HDS Lives, etc, etc.

3. Member
    Thanks brother! We took it out today for the first time and it was awesome! We just tooled around the lake for a few hours. I'm looking forward to fishing with it this fall. We're taken my it to a local lake tomorrow to watch the eclipse. Should be an interesting way to watch it.

Lmk on the bimini top when you can. It sure is worth its weight in gold!

4. Member
    I left my phone in my other vehicle so I didn't grab any pics but it is a Westland Sharkskin top.

http://rnr-marine.com/PURCHASE.PHP?p...=Bimini-Top-WL
    2000 Viper Coral 202/225 Pro Xs
    Ghost, HDS Lives, etc, etc.

5. Member
    i had a company called niko industries in Hammond Louisiana make my top,first class work.I dropped it off and they made and installed it.iv got a 97

6. Member
    I would love to see the pics of your boat but they are not showing up on the first post for me. I have a 2000 Coral 202. Deans also made the original canvas top for the boat I have. However it is really low profile... snaps to the windshield and barely gets any higher as it goes back. Works great though to block the sun, but a taller one would be nice too.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

7. Member
    The ski tow bar made for the 1.77 diameter, Spring-lock base used in the Coral, is Attwood Swiveleze model SP-99340. Any other model ski tow bar will require you to mount a new base to the deck, likely to require removal of the existing Spring-lock base. Attwood's website does not show a picture of this model, therefore I have attached two photos of mine.

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2013 Pro XS 200

8. Member
    nice rig by the way,i get compliments on mine all of the time.

9. Member
    Thank you all for the replies and compliments. We sure do like it... A lot! :) We took it out last Sunday and again on Monday. We watched the eclipse from Lake Kinkaid, IL which was right in the middle of totality. I have to say, that may have been one of the coolest things I've ever seen. It was pretty impressive.