Point-1 mounting location 2017 ZX225

Has anyone mounted a Point-1 on their ZX225? Just curious before i start drilling holes. I have a HDS12 on the bow and thought about putting the antenna directly in front of it on the rubber pad, since it is out of the way. Any pros or cons to this that im unaware of? Thanks

Benny Rigney

I mounted mine on the back right panel. Tried to get it as close to the transducer as possible. Run the cable down tge side of the panel and underneath it. You'll need to take a dremel or angle grinder and put a notch on the bottom of the panel so it doesnt smash the cable.

3. Member
    I've posted this a few times, but I'm a true believer. Wacky Riggers (board sponsor) makes a mount for the point 1. Mine is mounted almost directly over the transducer. Very good product in my opinion.

4. Member
    Thanks for the help!

Benny Rigney

5. Member
    I read on their site the mount requires no holes to mount. Is it a reliable connection?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    I've posted this a few times, but I'm a true believer. Wacky Riggers (board sponsor) makes a mount for the point 1. Mine is mounted almost directly over the transducer. Very good product in my opinion.

Benny Rigney

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandybass View Post
    I read on their site the mount requires no holes to mount. Is it a reliable connection?
    That is correct. No holes to mount. He uses some sort of body molding two sided tape. I only had an issue that was my fault. I let the cover hit it and when I winched it, it came off which at that, took quite a bit of force. i just wasn't paying attention. Moved it to clear the cover and I haven't had an issue yet. Mine is mounted near the motor, sort of where the steering line comes out. Have had absolutely no issues with interference and it is directly over the transducer. Roy is great to work with and will bend over backwards to help you.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phlipnstik View Post
    I mounted mine on the back right panel. Tried to get it as close to the transducer as possible. Run the cable down tge side of the panel and underneath it. You'll need to take a dremel or angle grinder and put a notch on the bottom of the panel so it doesnt smash the cable.
    This is where mine is too. I used one of the screws for the deck panel for the left hole and drilled one small hole in the panel for the right hole. Instead of cutting for the cables, I wrapped two butt connectors together to protect the cable where it meets the edge of the deck panel and the aluminum deck assembly. The rise in the panel is marginal.