Defictive Helix Mega Unit?

Just got through installing two brand new Helix 10 Mega units. Unit on bow works and everything seems normal. Plugged in the console unit and it was fuzzy. I rotated through the views and it would come back instantly. It was fuzzy immediately on first start up. Wavy pixels is the best way I can explained it. I took that unit and connected it to the bow and it did the same thing. I took the bow unit and connected it at the console and it is fine. My wiring is good, brand new 12ga wired directly to battery, soldered connections, etc. Anyone had this before? I'll be calling HB on Monday but wanted to see what the experts have to say.

I think you isolated it pretty good .... seems like you have to have a problem with the one unit.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

3. Member
    I would take it back to wherever you bought it and swap for a new one. That is out of box defective. If that is not possible call HB on Monday and tell them exactly what you put in your post. Have them email you a return label and send it back for a new one. Good luck Bob

4. Member
    Sounds pretty cut and dry to me. Defective unit it happens. I personally do not waste time with the phone call. The only benefit of the call is to have someone validate your disappointment that you got a screwed unit from the get go. If you like to talk and need this kind of customer service validation than go for it. Just beware you could wait in line ( piss you off ), be told send it in, we will determine if it is defective ( piss you off ), or try rebooting reinstall software check power supply etc ( piss you off! ). I respectively e-mail the facts as you described and request a return shipping label for the unit with no drama. You will have your free shipping label in a day or two and depending on your location a working unit within the week at no cost of money or your more valuable brain cells. Just my opinion.

5. Member
    I have found a delay of 2 or 3 days on emails. Also they will not simply do it without asking a couple questions. Once they hear what you have done to figure it out they will send you a label for you to print so you can send it in right away. But the return to the place you bought it would be the quickest. Bob

6. Member
    I agree with Bobcoy, I would box that unit up and return if possible unless you aren't in a hurry. HB's customer service is usually fast as long as the item is in stock.
    2014 ZX190, 175 HPDI
    HELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G2N

7. Member
    Really can't return it as I bought it from a friend who is an authorized dealer but not a retailer. Plan on calling HB on Monday. I just wanted to see if anyone had this issue with a brand new unit.

8. Member
    Update, Call HB this morning and got right through. After explaining the problem I was told it would needed to be sent in. I was emailed a shipping label within minutes. Off it goes. Pretty frustrating that a brand new unit out of the box has to be sent in.

9. Member
    It is frustrating but would be a whole lot more if no one answered the phone or took care of the problem. Please update us on the outcome. GL
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow