Banned

RT 188 rod lockers leaking like crazy

Have fished in two massive downpours in the last few months and both times all lockers but one took on water. Boat is in very good shape except the rubber gasket around the rod locker needs to be fixed, so that one is on me. The locks leak badly. Turrible. Anyone else have this?

You can try replacing the gasket. If that doesn't help, try this. The starboard rod locker on my 2001 R91 leaked from the day the boat was new. I could see that the lid did not seal completely tightly against the gasket. I got a roll of 2 inch wide weather stripping...the kind with the adhesive back. I applied the weather stripping to the underside of the rod locker lid right where the seal would hit. Problem solved.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Banned
    check the " cup holders" under the consoles and if you dont have a second console its under the plate where the console would be. mine were not glued in good. also if your under seat storage gets wet , pull the screws out and seal them.

ranger did a half-butt job on my boat in several areas!

Make sure the gaskets are glued down to the aluminum good. Make sure the gasket joints are glued good. I have a 2013 and when I was at the factory for some trailer work, I asked about the gasket and they sent a guy somewhere and he brought a roll of bigger gasketing and some black pitch looking glue. He took off my old rubber gasketing and glued down the new considerably bigger stuff and my boat lockers stay dry now as long as I maintain them. He was very particular about the glue and about the gasket joints. I watched him do it. They sell gasketing at places like AutoZone and Amazon. First thing I would do is replace the gaskets with bigger stuff and pay attention to the glue...
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

Center rod locker comes in through recessed foot pedal where the TM cable comes through
    2016 RT 188

6. Banned
    thanks guys