Ranger Cup Qualifications

Been looking around the internet for some ranger cup qualifying info. I'm currently In a phoenix but was considering buying a 522D because of where I'm located. I only fish the great lakes. Primarily fish BFL and Costa. Can't seem to find out what year boats qualify. Any help would be great. I was contemplating buying a 2016

cheers

2. Member
    I still don't see where it says the year of boats that qualify . Is it 2 years ? 3 years old? I looked at these links earlier just not finding what im looking for. I don't want to spend 60k on a boat that will only qualify for one year.

Cheers

3. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I believe it's 3 years.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

4. Member
    Look at the series requirements. It looks like the BFL requirement is to be Ranger Cup qualified and run a Ranger boat. The Costa series for 2017 was 2013 or newer. I think BASS Opens are the same as the Costa.

5. Member
    Aso team events normally dont have any age requirements, however everything is subject to change from year to year

6. Member
    I think with the Costa you have to be the original owner too. I'm looking at the same thing as you. I'm thinking of doing the Costa Northern division next year. I was in a 22D this weekend and they are great boats for the big water, the only complaint I had (besides the price) is the seats, they seem really loose and are hard to move. also you have to move them forward to open the back compartments or the lids will damage the back of your seats.

Where are you finding them for $60,000. I got two prices one for a 2018 for $130,000 and one for a 2016 demo for $101,000 both fully loaded

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willywonka View Post
    I think with the Costa you have to be the original owner too. I'm looking at the same thing as you. I'm thinking of doing the Costa Northern division next year. I was in a 22D this weekend and they are great boats for the big water, the only complaint I had (besides the price) is the seats, they seem really loose and are hard to move. also you have to move them forward to open the back compartments or the lids will damage the back of your seats.

Where are you finding them for $60,000. I got two prices one for a 2018 for $130,000 and one for a 2016 demo for $101,000 both fully loaded
    HOLY SHXT 130K FOR A BASS BOAT THATS JUST A LITTLE NUTS

8. Banned
    For Costa series it is 2013 and up. It takes about 6 weeks to get Ranger Cup money

Do you have to be original owner for BFL? I got my ranger cup check in 2 weeks.