First time out xi5 and it don't work

Picked up boat today getting new xi5 installed and put it in the water , well ran to a spot real quick and put trolling motor down and hit the prop button on remote and nothing, then got on the foot pedal and nothing do I checked my manual and made sure everything was linked and it was, the head turns and battery light is green but when I hit the prop button on both foot pedal and hand held prop spins for a sec then red battery light on base comes on and it stops, so when I hit the manual button on foot pedal prop light lights up but no prop is spinning, I get home and put a volt meter on all the batteries and they all read 12.6, texted the service manager and he said no mechanic tomorrow and that I have to bring it in Monday , so now I'm out 2k and can't even fish this weekend a little tourney I was gonna fish and get used to my first spot lock trolling motor. I am beyond pissed right now!! Any ideas on what it could be?

2. Member
    So as in my other post I checked all my batteries with volt meter and I'm reading 12.8 and at the split up front I'm reading 37.9v I deploy the xi5 and it runs off the hand held remote up till about four clicks on prop speed then the battery light comes on and the entire unit shuts off and then comes back on and it does the same thing. Then on the pedal I hit the button and prop comes on and I can't get the pedal past one or two then same thing battery light comes on and while unit shuts off

What size wire and breaker ?
    I'd also make sure all the connections are clean and tight.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

4. Member
    Don't know the size of the wire, what ever ranger/stratos puts in their boat leading to the front block. I'm pretty sure the breaker is a 50amp at the end of the wire where the trolling motor hard wires in there is a block inside of a capsule with a + and - post that you put the wires from trolling motor onto with a nut and lock washer, I'm reading 37.9 right there

5. Member
    Boat is a 2017 stratos 201xl

It's supposed to have 6 gauge with a 60 amp breaker.
    Anthrax

7. Member
    Is it possible that you have an auto-reset breaker not rated for enough amps? Maybe the breaker is doing its job and throwing, then auto-resetting? Just a thought.
    "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi, we're not Spartans, we're Americans. With a capital "A", huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world."
    John Winger

8. Banned
    It's not the cable size, batteries, or the breaker.
    It's got a very poor connection somewhere, or the motor is defective.

9. Member
    Well woke up this morning and started playing with the motor again, went to the back and jammed the breaker real hard and trolling motor started working, both pedal and hand held , wires look really thick so I think they are 6 gauge but there is no writing on them

I would replace the breaker with a 60 amp. You should find out what size gauge wire you got.
    Post on the Stratos forum. I tried to look it up for you but failed
    Glad you got it going, your going to love it
    Anthrax

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    I would replace the breaker with a 60 amp. You should find out what size gauge wire you got.
    Post on the Stratos forum. I tried to look it up for you but failed
    Glad you got it going, your going to love it
    I would imagine it's the same wiring that is in a ranger since they are made at the same plant with the same hands

If you post in that forum i bet someone has a diagram .
    It looked like your wiring went the length of your boat ? That would make it even more important to have the correct size. Your probably fine but it couldn't hurt to make sure you have the right stuff.
    Anthrax