Started a 10lb brisket flat, injected with beef broth @ 8:00 Saturday night with the REC TEC set @ 220 degrees with heavy smoke turned on and supplemental smoke tube filled with hickory. Awoke at 4:00 AM Sunday morning.and checked everything. The REC TEC was hanging on 220 degrees like a dried dingleberry. I can't believe how well it holds temp. 🤗
At 8:30 Sunday morning the internal temp hit 165 at which time I wrapped it in foil and returned it to the smoker to wait for the internal temp to hit 205 degrees. It hit 205 degrees at 11:00 am and I wrapped it in towels and put it in a cooler. Three and a half hours later at 2:30 I removed that piece of beef and cut it up. Oh hell yes it was total goodness and melt in your mouth tender.
I was almost going to give up on briskets because myy first few attempts did not turn out so well but the last couple have been great and this one was parexcellance. I could cut the strips but it was difficult to pick up with a fork it was so tender.
The brisket dinner was rounded out with mac & cheese caserole topped with buttered breadcrumbs and panko flakes, cornbread, and a cucumber and tomato salad. Damn good eats.

Next brisket I will experiment with some internal injected flavoring in addition to the beef broth.

All injected and rubbed up.

After 12.5 hours in the smoke.