State Farm's lack of customer service...

Just a heads up... NOT bashing State Farm but stating facts... I had a lower unit damage claim in the amount of $7800. They were somewhat prompt on paying the claim and getting me a check. Took about three weeks overall.... I wound up trading the boat in on a new Phoenix 921 PHX. Called State Farm, they bound coverage, sent me a binder, then on August 10th were nice enough to send me a letter stating they were cancelling my policy on the boat due to claim history. They are still kind enough to take my money for the cars, homeowners, umbrella, and life insurance but NO BOAT coverage. I am literally on the phone getting quotes as I type this. I do work in the automotive industry and State Farm has had this reputation for years and years. Great company that pays claims but tends to cancel on a whim if their internal processes say to.

2. Member
    Call Bob.

Already did...

I was with state Farm for over 15 years until my boat policy doubled. After securing better rates and better coverage with another company for my vehicles, house and boats I told SF to stick it.

5. Illinois Club | PC/Mac Tips & Tweaks Moderator sgt93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enforcer410 View Post
    I was with state Farm for over 15 years until my boat policy doubled. After securing better rates and better coverage with another company for my vehicles, house and boats I told SF to stick it.
    Did they give you a great rate on that Mini Van?
    2017 Bass Cat Phelix Honda 25 SOLD
    2007 BCB Cougar FTD Merc Opti 225 SOLD

Instagram: @SSgt93.
    I don't subscribe to threads. PM if you need me.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt93 View Post
    Did they give you a great rate on that Mini Van?
    Maybe SF can insure that pond jumper you have.