Pro Verado 300 engine break in tips

Hello all,

I will be getting the new nitro z21 with pro Verado 300 motor. I have read the manual before I even have had the boat for the break in and from what I read first 2 hours vary speed up to 4500 rpm w 1 min max on WOT. It's advised to keep motor trimmed down during the procedure and I assume it's to seat better if it struggles a bit. Well, I didn't order a hydraulic plate so will only have the factory manual plate. Do I need to manually lower the plate since I know ppl w hydraulic do it? Will it be useful to or no benefit? I know the first 2 hrs are crucial and I want this thing to fly when I need it to. Any advise is greatly appreciated. I have skimmed some previous posts but didn't see much on plate down just the trim. Thank you! (Any advise for the next 20 hrs appreciated as well)

2. Member
    Using a jackplate to lower the motor will not help your break in, I would focus on having the motor trimmed all the way down(to avoid over rev's and it makes the motor work hard) and to follow the rpm recommendations , don't forget those bursts of w.o.t

3. Member
    Thank you for that!

1) So when it says vary up to 4500rpms before WOT, that means when you're pushing WOT for the 1 min burst my RPMS will exceed 4500 and that will be safe and the correct way right?

2) for the 1 min WOT bursts can I trim engine up or should I keep it trimmed down entire break in?
    Last edited by BigBadBass; 08-18-2017 at 07:11 AM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBass View Post
    Thank you for that!

1) So when it says vary up to 4500rpms before WOT, that means when you're pushing WOT for the 1 min burst my RPMS will exceed 4500 and that will be safe and the correct way right?

2) for the 1 min WOT bursts can I trim engine up or should I keep it trimmed down entire break in?
    Yes and leave the engine down for the WOT bursts.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

5. Member
    Thanks fellas!

6. Member
    I would fill your livewells, keep motor trimmed all the way in and have all your gear in the boat plus a rider if possible. This is what I was told to do for my break in.

7. Member
    You're engine should be trimmed all the way in for the break in period. Also try to avoid any excess idling.