Fury 4 on a Older Triton

Has anyone with the 2002 and older TR hulls tried a Fury 4 blade ? I used to run a Trophy Plus 4 blade but it would sling blades every 2 to 3 years . I am running a Fury 3 blade 26P now but it does not get the lift of the 4 blade Trophy . I cannot afford to spend $5 to $600 dollars without some history from you good folks . Thanks

2. Member
    Used a. 25 fury 4 on my 01 tr 20 this year and definitely made a difference in rough water. I keep my boat loaded heavy and 5 batteries but I had same speed as my 26 tempest. Did sling a blade but Mercury sent me a new one for free.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bencherry121 View Post
    Used a. 25 fury 4 on my 01 tr 20 this year and definitely made a difference in rough water. I keep my boat loaded heavy and 5 batteries but I had same speed as my 26 tempest. Did sling a blade but Mercury sent me a new one for free.
    What engine and kind of performance you getting with the Fury 4?
    ’13 21 HP, 250 ProXS, 10” Atlas, twin Power Poles, 25p Croxtonized Tempest, 2 1/2 PTP, 1/2 tank fuel, driver, all gear, empty wells, 74.7 in 102 deg heat.

4. Member
    2016 250 pro xs. Could get 72 with 2 people tournament loaded. Holeshot and ride was better

I prefer TXP Precision Propeller 3 blade over the Tempest or Fury. It is a thicker stronger prop and I've not heard of slinging a blade from one. The tend to run about 1-1.5 pitch stiffer than Merc but can be ordered with PVS holes for launch ventilation. They are large barrel and Merc thrust washers and hub kits interchange. They are of course owned by Yamaha now.