Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    So, no qualms about going back to being an asshat?
    But he would be our asshat.

Just my 2 cents worth.

To my knowledge, Tracker was the only boat company that had a website created specifically devoted to folks complaining about their boats. It was a pretty active forum. IIRC, BPS eventually bought out the site and shut it down. This was 20 years ago, before the days of Nitro.

There are still plenty of the old 1600 and 1800 Tracker Fiberglass bass boats out there for sale. I've never fished out of one but I heard they're quick. Notoriously difficult to setup though.

I seem to recall some really bad, bad stories of Tracker tubular trailers on Nitro boats rusting out from under the boat sitting in the driveway. I don't know if they've fixed that problem but it was nothing that would instill confidence in me to want to buy a boat with a trailer that was designed poorly.

I had a friend that purchased a brand new Tahoe deck boat some 17 years ago. The condition it was presented to him when he went to pick it up, the issues he had after using it the first year, the poor customer service and repair service he got that first year or 2 he owned it was enough for me to pretty much shy away from any BPS branded boat.

I would say, only because the brand is still selling so strong, that whatever issues they've had in the past have been resolved. Regardless of how cheap the boats are, they're still a lot of money and the kind of customer service and quality of product BPS had in the past never would've carried them this far had those things not been fixed.
    Would I buy one? I don't know, I've only fished out of one years ago, it was OK. I'd have to drive and decide before I parted with the kind of money those boats or any boat costs these days.

3. Member
    I really like the new series of nitros. However I just can't see myself pulling the trigger on one unless I planned to buy new every 1-3yrs. I just don't trust them to hold up at this time. I would buy from pros choice but my nearest dealer is BPS and I don't want them handling any issues I may have. With the issues I do hear about last thing I need is to be making a 8 plus hour drive to a dealer I trust.

I think the only reason they sell as good as they do and still around is because of JM and KVD. Then add the fact that a lot of guys buy knowing the initial savings and the convenience of BPS locations
    Nitro z21

Lots of ridiculous statements in this entire thread. It would be funny if it wasn't so full of ignorance.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Lots of ridiculous statements in this entire thread. It would be funny if it wasn't so full of ignorance.
    Very true.
    Hi Mike.

Most guys don't fish enough, or Hard enough to see half the issues being talk about. Its not a bad boat, fishes fantastic, and the ride is pretty good.

7. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    But he would be our asshat.
    Hey, hold up just a minute there, Bub... what's with this "our" stuff?

Ooops, sorry... Forgot you Ranger guys are part of the Asshat family, too.
    Who controls John Gill?

Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    Hey, hold up just a minute there, Bub... what's with this "our" stuff?

Ooops, sorry... Forgot you Ranger guys are part of the Asshat family, too.

The Asshat family... wonder what the family crest/coat of arms would look like.

9. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar

The mind reels.
    Who controls John Gill?

10. Member
    Dads got a 2013 z7 sport and wev beaten the crap out of it...tube and wakeboard a crap ton out of it. Its the cottage boat ...it does not get the top amount of babying. it gets alot of use carrying others for rides etc. Does a lot of fishing as well. Prettt much every weekend from april to end of october. Gets stored for the winter. The boat sees a lot of varying weather being in canada lol.the boat shows no signs of wear carpet gets trampled and still looks new. Latches, lights, steering etc all are perfectly fine. Transom shows not a single sign of stress even from tubing and wakeboarding. Gel coat well she looks mint. Not a single problem. My buddy down the street has an older z7 looks to be 2008ish...hes yet to hAve a problem.
    keep your lines wet! God bless

11. Member
    If money was not an issue, would you buy a new Mako over a new Yellowfin? The only reason in my eyes to buy a Nitro is financial restraints. Isn't it good we have this option?
    Last edited by bassquatch76; 08-24-2017 at 12:26 PM.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post

And maybe a touch of arrogance as well perhaps?

The Mercury is bad, because it's on a Nitro.
    The trailer hubs are bad because they under a Nitro.
    The jack plate, power steering, gauges, latches, __________ (enter your description to the left) are ALL bad, because.... they are installed on a Nitro.

"ignorance"
    You BETCHA!

I just called the manufacturer of the T handle latches because the little rubber gaskets that fit down in the lock(s) to stop water from getting in them have started falling off. West Marine has no clue what I'm talking about but are more than willing to sell me a $69.99 latch, x 10 (if I want all new ones). Called the manufacturer and she's sending me ALL NEW ONES, for FREE. (the little rubber piece, not the latch)

She must think I have one of those expensive boats.

Later,

Dixie Chicken

12 Nitro Z9 DC, 4 Color Flake
    250 Pro XS, SmartCraft Gauges
    Bobs 12" w/Hole shot plate
    NightFishion HD8 rubrail, W/Nav Lights
    Oznium Red/Blue 10mm/6mm LED Bolts
    4-Channel Remote Lighting Control
    HDS Gen 3's, TotalScan, 3DSS
    Red Power Pole 10' Blades
    KVD Edition Hydrowave

13. Member
    Nitro will never be able to compete in the market it's going after.
    They should be happy with being 2nd class and embrace it.....Nitro is the Kia of the early 2000's. They need to stick with simple boats with great customer service.
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded

Quote Originally Posted by magnumb View Post
    Nitro will never be able to compete in the market it's going after.
    They should be happy with being 2nd class and embrace it.....Nitro is the Kia of the early 2000's. They need to stick with simple boats with great customer service.
    Say what? They sell more than any other brand sans Ranger..they compete pretty well...Kia huh? What are the defunct brands? Deloreans?

15. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Loomis88 View Post
    I was in a BP a few months ago and was looking at the Z21 on the showroom. I'm not looking to buy for I like my skeeter...I was just checking things out. I will say it was nice looking etc and their fit and finish has come a long way compared to early days. As I was leaning over in the boat I put my knee into the hull and could actually "flex" it. I heard fiberglass crunching noise on the inside. No thanks...they are cheaper for a reason!! Like most things in life you get what you pay for. Not bashing anyone's choice but not for me. Pounding on the water and trailering the boat alone probably cause premature damage. I would buy a used upper end boat before buying a new Nitro at same money without question
    When I go to BPS just for fun I always go over to the Nitro's and press up against the hulls to watch them flex. To answer the question why are Nitros' hated, because they are junk.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

16. Banned

Attached Images Attached Images

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnman81 View Post
    When I go to BPS just for fun I always go over to the Nitro's and press up against the hulls to watch them flex. To answer the question why are Nitros' hated, because they are junk.

I will ill take my new piece of junk over your almost 20 year old piece of junk any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tysdad View Post
    I will ill take my new piece of junk over your almost 20 year old piece of junk any day.

I wouldn't.

19. Member
    Ah I see the pants are off and the rulers are out. Unfortunately for everyone in this thread it is cold in here.

20. Member
    I've got an 05 Nitro and its a decent boat, it does what it is supposed to do, it gets me fishing. And when it comes down to it, isn't that what a bass boat is supposed to do?
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast