Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
  1. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky292 View Post
    And it keeps going....
    could it get up there with our resident taxidermist post I wonder?

No
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. TJNYSNP
    Seems like there was a period of time that Nitro quality was really bad. We had a guy in club had the entire top cap come disconnected in a tournament. I mean how bad is that for Nitro quality brand when 250 guys heard about that ? I'm sure the newer ones are rock solid.

4. Member
    I do not hate or love any one brand. But to hear all the negativity on nitro and Johnny Morris buying the brands and them saying he will screw all of them up, it's going to be a whole lot of bank fishermen when theirs play out.

Where are all the 15yr old nitros for sale? I wanted to do some resale value comparisons

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    Where are all the 15yr old nitros for sale? I wanted to do some resale value comparisons
    The owners found out the resale value was so low they decided to just keep them., or maybe they have a life expectancy of only 14yrs.

7. Member
    Check out the warranty and how long they carry parts,I had a 896 bought new after 6 years I tried several different items for boat and was told by their Bass pro shops service centers not available such as windshield etc after 5 years ,and the trailer was junk!

Quote Originally Posted by Terry mccamis View Post
    Check out the warranty and how long they carry parts,I had a 896 bought new after 6 years I tried several different items for boat and was told by their Bass pro shops service centers not available such as windshield etc after 5 years ,and the trailer was junk!
    That the biggest problem there.....the service side of it with older boats. Its been quite a few years since I owned my Tracker brand boat but when I did, I tried contacting Tracker directly several times and I'm still waiting for the call back and/or an email.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

9. Member
    I hate them because they're ugly and looks like they were trimmed out by a bunch of kids. Hey, you asked!
    Pool 10

10. Member
    I bought my boat for $7500 last year. Most are right around 5k-8k depending on size and shape. A few people on Craigslist are trying to sell 1996s for 7000 Wich is just laughable.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster611 View Post
    I've had 2- 2011 Nitros and 2 Basscats.. you get what you pay for..
    yep, you get an expensive Decal on the side of your boat.

Quote Originally Posted by rampaage View Post
    yep, you get an expensive Decal on the side of your boat.
    Are you saying nitro and basscat are comparable in quality, fit and finish and the cat on the side adds thousands?

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Nitro is a good boat but nowhere near the quality of the Premium brands like Ranger, Cat, Legend etc. Anyone that says they're just as good is either a Nitro owner or never did a side by side comparison.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnumb View Post
    The 2001 Triton I fished out of for a few years has a terrible ride and I tried several different setups and moved weight around. It beat be up
    Also note the new 2-strokes are just as quiet or even more so.
    Before this newer one my son had a 1996 20 foot Nitro and that thing was the most brutal riding thing I have ever ridden in, except my first bass boat that was the old bomber style trihull. That beast would make you kidneys bleed! haha

15. Member
    Are you saying nitro and basscat are comparable in quality, fit and finish and the cat on the side adds thousands?
    I really hope it was a joke

I dunno, when all is said and done seems I have about the same amount of problems as others, and its usually not the boat. Buy what you want, nobody's opinion will change. I have not had 1 major issue with any of mine. And the people that have bought mine have not either. If I start having problems I will change, resale drops I will change. I am more likely to get bored with being in the same boat for so long that might itself make me change brands.

Been good boats for me, and I have been treated fairly. All boats have something they do better then the other, and sometimes that is perceived. Some claim that loosing $10k on a boat is better investment other brands.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314