2 larger units or 3 mid size units?

Currently running a 1199 on the console and Helix 9 Di on the bow on a Dek it mount. Like the idea of having a larger screen to view when mapping on the front along with viewing sonar. So I'm trying to decide which direction to go.. Thinking about buying Gen 1 Helix 12 for bow and going with Helix 10 Mega for the console. Option 2 is to move my 1199 to the front for mapping and continue to use my Helix 9 for Sonar/ Di. I'd probably purchase a stack mount for those. I would then still buy a Helix 10 Mega for the Console. What's your opinions? Any other options you suggest? Thanks

2. Member
    No opinions or suggestions?

Separate units for mapping and sonar is a good idea for the bow and the console regardless of screen size.

With a single unit, any screen space used for mapping is screen space you loose for sonar.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    My previous setup was two 1199's at the bow, one for 360 and one for 2D & Map. Had a single 1199 at the console.

New setup is Helix 12 at bow for 360 and Helix 10 for 2D/Mapping but I switch back and forth for DI, SI, 360, Map, etc... on the two for various scenarios. Have a Helix 12 at console.

I went back and forth between a single vs. dual unit up front but went with dual for the ability to setup different layouts and also for backup in-case one didn't work for some reason. Two units also doubles the amount of tracks you can have which is important if you're following these contours.

5. Member
    Good info. Thanks. Leaning towards the two units on the front. I've thought about getting a more basic unit for mapping on the front but think I want to upgrade my 1199 and I figure for what it's worth I may as well use it for mapping.

6. Member
    Had 1 graph for years and recently added a second graph. I could easily see adding a third some day....

7. Member
    Have a 12" Mega Si at the Bow and a 10" Mega Si and the console with a 798 HD in the console. Love the setup.