Reasonable price for a Viper Coral 202?

I've been searching for a 202 for a while and while I haven't found one, I've seen a few that have sold. Problem is, I can't see what they were asking. What does a clean low hour 202 generally go for? I know it's all relative to the time of year, how bad someone needs to sell it, etc... just looking for a ballpark price. NADA has them around $10k (avg retail) plus or minus a grand.

Thanks!

2. Member
    There are a lot of variables to work with. In 2016 I put a new 225 Pro XS on my 202 and later in my divorce it was priced at $22k according to NADA. I made out very well but I'm glad the boat wasn't a factor in the divorce. Anywho, original motor they don't seem to go for less than $10k from what I've seen. Personally, the right boat, great motor, etc. I wouldn't pay more than $16k but that is just my opinion. I love my Coral and it has been my boat for 10 years and I have no intentions on selling it. I ditched the b!$^ and kept the boat if that says anything! There was one for sale on Craigslist or KSL classifieds about 45 minutes from me. I never did hear if it sold or not but I'd like to know.
    My buddy bought a 202 out of Idaho and it is a beautiful, well taken care of Coral with a 225 EFI and I believe he paid $12k for it. The trailer is in great shape too with no rust at all.
    2000 Viper Coral 202/225 Pro Xs
    Ghost, HDS Lives, etc, etc.

3. Member
    Thanks fsh3fun05! I did some pretty heavy digging and found one that's only 89 miles from me! I checked it out yesterday and it's super clean... We're heading down in a bit to pick it up and we can't wait!

I'd like to get a bimini top for it. Any suggestions on a good quality one? I've found some online, but they seem a bit cheap. I'd also like to make a deck extension for it, so if you have any tips on that, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fsh4fun05 View Post
    There are a lot of variables to work with. In 2016 I put a new 225 Pro XS on my 202 and later in my divorce it was priced at $22k according to NADA. I made out very well but I'm glad the boat wasn't a factor in the divorce. Anywho, original motor they don't seem to go for less than $10k from what I've seen. Personally, the right boat, great motor, etc. I wouldn't pay more than $16k but that is just my opinion. I love my Coral and it has been my boat for 10 years and I have no intentions on selling it. I ditched the b!$^ and kept the boat if that says anything! There was one for sale on Craigslist or KSL classifieds about 45 minutes from me. I never did hear if it sold or not but I'd like to know.
    My buddy bought a 202 out of Idaho and it is a beautiful, well taken care of Coral with a 225 EFI and I believe he paid $12k for it. The trailer is in great shape too with no rust at all.
    He buy the one in Boise with the ski tower? If so that's funny as I almost bought that one. Ended up with one out of California.

5. Member
    No ski tower. It is White/black/tan

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fsh4fun05 View Post
    No ski tower. It is White/black/tan
    Man that sounds like the one I was looking at. Same colors and everything. Good on him though, love mine!

7. Member
    Joplin craigslist. 7500 needs interior work. Hull looks good

8. Member
    For what its worth I sold my very nice 2000 Coral 202 with 2000 Merc 225efi last summer for $13600.00. I was the second owner and had owned the boat since 2004. It was in excellent condition (around 400 hours on the engine) and the last I heard the new owner was very pleased with his purchase. My boating needs changed and I decided to find a 21' bass boat which I ended up with a very nice Skeeter FX21 - 250sho. I still miss the Coral - there is no doubt the Coral 202 is the best fish & ski ever made. Good luck on finding a nice one.

9. Member
    After seeing the supposed new Corals, I think the value of the original ones just went up.
    AlanW
    2000 Viper Coral 191
    Mercury 200 EFI
    12" Slidemaster
    25" Tempest Plus

10. Member
    I said almost the exact same thing to my buddy.