Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    Not sure how that works. have been told it doesn't draw current when off and will turn itself off when not in use. Maybe sleeping with a very low current draw -- nothing like a trolling motor draws when left connected. Since it needs so little current, I would suggest connecting through the battery cutoff or the accessory switch. If the OP uses the NMEA network as discussed above, it is probably switched. I just can't see adding another toggle on the boat to remember to turn off.
    So a Maxxum left plugged in will draw static power when not in use?
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshfly View Post
    There are a whole hell of a lot of point 5 heading sensors installed on the transom that work fine.
    Im sure there are - which is why I said 'may' have more issues. I also said it will depend on the boat. On my boat, the transom would be a very poor choice, but Im sure other boats would work fine. I was just pointing out that there are more potential sources of magnetic interference at the transom than at the front of the boat.

No matter where you put it, you need to test the location for magnetic interference first - or just hope you get lucky :)
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou r Pitcher View Post
    Seems it must still draw some minimal battery power when off (actually sleep mode?) as it waits and listens for its paired bluetooth connection to reappear.
    Yes, any device that has a "wake up" feature has to draw some power even when sleeping. It may not be much, so its probably only an issues if the boat isnt charged for a long time - like over the winter maybe. If you keep your batteries on a maintenance charger it will never be an issue.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    So a Maxxum left plugged in will draw static power when not in use?
    If it's a variable speed, yes -- 5 speed, no
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12