Problem with Different Batteries

Ok this has been going on for awhile I have a SHO 225 and it keeps shutting down when I go over 5K RPM's. Well today I took out the Lithium battery and reinstalled my old AGM battery and the problem went away so is there a HIGH VOLTAGE shutdown or is the voltage regulator bad I can not find what the level is for the regulator just the static readings are and they all check good. So what is bad the voltage reg, or is there a high voltage shutdown. No codes either.
    Richard Woods VA Beach,VA
    US Navy ETC/SS Retired
    SKEETER ZX225 / 225 SHO W/Power Pole CHARGE
    GET HER DONE! (Helix 10 G3, 12 G3,Garmin ECHOMAP 106 /livescope and M360 Bow all NMEA2k)
    Relion lithium batteries for T/M and LithiumPro for Motor)

2. Banned
    How many batteries? One or two?

What is the voltage before the shut down occurs and what is it while the shutdown is occurring?

Is the lithium battery new, did the problem just start or ?

The rectifier/regulator is pretty dumb. All it knows to do is to try and maintain X voltage. Usually ~14.6 volts. If the battery is able to draw so much current that the voltage cannot be maintained then the motor will stumble and/or die.

One battery the main. With the Lithium in the boat I am looking at 14.3 t. 14.8 VDC and that is when it shutdown. With the AGM in it never goes over 13.5 and run. This has been going on for almost a year now I just went and put the old AGM back into see if that made a difference and it did. The boat has been in the shop twice now and no one can find out why it shutdowns with the Lithium installed. the problem started after I had the charger upgraded to handle the Lithium battery.
    US Navy ETC/SS Retired
    GET HER DONE! (Helix 10 G3, 12 G3,Garmin ECHOMAP 106 /livescope and M360 Bow all NMEA2k)

4. Member
    My sho puts out 14.3 to14.5 at wot and no issues that's with an Lead acid batt though.
    2015 X19 200 SHO

5. Member
    You can not use a lithium battery on a SHO. This is what lithium pros told me

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperflow View Post
    You can not use a lithium battery on a SHO. This is what lithium pros told me
    Was told the same thing. Something to do with the charging system.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    Was told the same thing. Something to do with the charging system.
    Not the answer I was looking for. But Thanks
    US Navy ETC/SS Retired