New to me pantera iv

Just sent a payment on a 2012 p iv. I am picking it up next Thursday. We are going to the mountains of Tennessee Monday, and picking it up on the way home. Super excited. Just sold my champion 187, and can't wait to get in the cat. It has a 200 pro xs on it with 30 hours on it. You guys running that set up, what are you seeing number wise, and what prop and height you at?

2. Member
    Hereservation a pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry no info but that is a great looking boat. I came from champion to BCB with no regrets

I have the same boat with a 24 Fury. I bought it a little over a year ago and left it setup the way the previous owner had it because I was more than happy on the test drive before buying it. Not sure of Ptp but I run 69-70 comsistently and have seen 71.4mph. Great holeshot also.

5. Member
    I loved my champion, but I bought it in 2008 for $15500, sold it for 10k.Always wanted a cat. Had my heart set on a sabre ftd, but couldn't pass this one up.
    Last edited by weezehaj; 11-16-2017 at 01:02 PM.

6. Member
    Good looking rig.

7. Member
    That's what I like to hear. Was hoping for 70mph, but I'll be happy with 68-69.

That is one beautiful boat! I have a 2013 same set up with a 24 Fury. I can touch 70 loaded with my fat butt driving it. This is the finest boat I have ever owned in 40 years of owning boats. You will not be disappointed. My 2013 had 20 hours on it and was showroom new. Bought it this year and am beyond thrilled. It eats wakes and chop and is a dream to drive. I owned Champs (multiple) and would never trade this boat for one. Congrats and welcome to the exclusive P4 family!

Crappie fish fry. It don't taste any better.

9. Member
    Awesome looking PIV. I was drooling over this one online

10. Member
    Very nice! Congrats!

11. Member
    Nice looking rig! On my 2007 PIV I am running a HPDI with a stock Yamaha prop. The previous owner had it set up with the plates a little above flush and I have left it there. I can reach 67-68 mph with full load, 2 people, livewells full and 25 gallons of fuel. I am also carrying 4 batteries with one of them a 31 series. The troller is MK so it is a little heavier than MG. By myself I can stay at 70 mph consistently. I still think this boat has the best storage layout plan other than it's big brother Puma. This is one of the easiest boats to drive that I have ever been in as well as a super smooth ride. You are really going to enjoy your new boat.

Beautiful boat man! You wont be disappointed going from Champ quality to BCB quality, both are top tier!

The speeds people have posted are right, you should see high 60's consistently and touch 70's on some days. PIV is an outstanding platform
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

13. Member
    I run 25 Tempest, +/-3" below, same speeds as stated above. Ran a 25 Fury in springtime (cooler weather) and was able to spin it pretty good, 71-72 blasting off, partner and loaded to fish, empty wells. I like the lift that my Tempest gives over the Fury I ran. I have never tried a 24 Fury (would like to, but doubt I would like it).

Welcome to the exclusive PIV family. I have an 08 with a similar set up. I run a Trophy 25P 4 blade Prop and have hit 68. Hole shot is awsome, 0 to enough in just a few seconds... It tells me it has more when I play with the Hydraulic plate but I haven't bothered to find out. I am too busy fishing...
    2008 BassCat Pantera IV
    www.chestercountybassmasters.com

15. Member
    Thanks guys, like what I'm hearing. Can't wait to get on the water.