ultrex link cable

Been running the new ultrex for several months with no issues and I use spot lock alot on river ledges. Recently the head must have over rotated or something and broke the link cable. I haven't looked up in the head to see how it connects but is this something I can replace, or will it have to go in for a new cable?

2. Member
    The Link cable is part of the IPilot controller, unless it's the extension that broke.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

3. Member
    If it's anything like the terrova the link cable is soldered to a circuit board inside the head

4. Member
    the break is about 6 inches out from the head of tm.

5. Member
    I broke my transducer cable on my rmc boatworks mounting lock, it was the extension that broke on mine, inside the connector. A new US2 extension fixed mine up and a better running of the cable inside a rod sock now prevents further issues.

6. Member
    The i-pilot link cable is soldered to and is part of the controller as mentioned above. The controller has to be replaced if the cable is cut near the head.

Unlike the link cable, the US2 transducer cable has a connector inside the head, and if cut, the extension alone can be replaced.
    Last edited by catdude28; 08-20-2017 at 10:12 AM.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S