Thread: z8 Power Issue

Banned

z8 Power Issue

At the launch of my tournament Saturday, the lights up front were flickering, the Lowrance units wouldn't power up before flickering on/of, and the master power switch light was also flickering. The motor was firing right up and I keep the cranking battery on a Minn Kota 3-bank charger, so I know it's not the battery. Almost like a short or a bad ground.

Anyone else had this issue? The boat sat out in rain the night before, so I'm wondering if some water got in somewhere it shouldn't have.

2. Member
    Bad connection. Gotta find it.
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

3. Banned
    That's what I figured. Gonna be fun

check the nylon connectors under the dash, sounds like one is loose, possibly broken.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    check the nylon connectors under the dash, sounds like one is loose, possibly broken.
    Thanks a bunch. I have a 2012 z8 with only 60 hours on the motor and over half of those are at idle. Bought from a family member this year, just gotta work out the bugs!

6. Member
    1st time out my Z8 had no power, motor started and ran fine. I found the wire harness to the power switch were large stiff wires that were routed in a way that would unplug the connectors from the power switch. I rerouted the wires and problem was solved. I think this sounds like the problem you have. Good luck