Thread: 1994 ranger 492

1994 ranger 492

Need info on installation of recessed foot tray for the 492 please. Thank you,

I've not messed with a 492, but being bigger than my 481 I'm guessing it'd be the same or even easier.

Here's a link to a writeup I did on the install for mine...the photos are messed up from Photobucket, but I think the text descriptions should be enough: http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....677&highlight=

The main thing is to be prepared to dig foam. Given that mine had no issues, I'm all but certain your longer front deck will have no obstructions (i.e. compartments) in the way of cutting and placing it. Be warned: the install is a bit of a pain. Wear long sleeves! But oh my goodness, what a difference it makes! Your back will thank you every day after you get off the water, and your rough water balance should be improved by orders of magnitude.

There are several other writeups on this board as well. In fact, a fellow commented on my thread like 3 posts down with a link to his writeup. His photos appear to still be working. You could also try searching for "recess install" or something like that to see what else you can turn up.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

3. Member
    Sent pm

Thank you!

5. Member
    Lenny, all my pics disappeared. We can meet up and I can show you my pics or you can see the finished install in my boat( 96 492vs). I live in Kingman and fish with Wally's group. Pm for phone#

Thanks