Question Hotfoot problems!!!!!

I have a 2011 Nitro Z7 with a optimax 150 hooked up to a hotfoot. The problem I am having is that I'm barely breaking 50mph. I think it is because I'm not getting enough throttle out of my hotfoot. The only reason I think this is because if I'm hammered down as far as it'll go I'll barely get over 5000 rpms. Need to how to get more speed out of my hotfoot. Have a tourney in two days. Please help and thank you!

2. Member
    Remove the cowling,, have someone fully press the hot foot down. Now check to see that the linkage is allowing full throttle. If not wide open its a simple cable adjustment. If it is wide open, its not the pedal but a prop issue and engine height
    Drop down to the Nitro board and see what props they are using on your boat/motor

3. Member
    You may have an engine problem, could be a chipped or broken reed, fouled plug, bad coil, etc. Have the engine checked by a competent tech since a reed problem won't show up on a computer scan.

4. Member
    If it ran okay before the hot foot was installed go back and check the installation. Make sure the adjusting stop under the pedal isn't bottoming out now and if it is adjust it so it can't hit then go back and check the throttle and make sure the throttle plates are wide open. If they are still not open all the way adjust the bolt that holds the cable end on the hot foot. When in doubt read the directions that came with the hot foot.