Thread: Fury 4 Blade

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gldjerkbaitnh View Post
    I'm pretty happy with my fury 4. Tr-21x standard 225. I think the bobs action series really helps.
    What pitch did you get?

2. Member
    I loved the 25" Fury 4 on my 21 TrX but it slung a blade after about two months.

3. Member
    How many pvs plugs you running and what size.

4. Member
    I think I have maybe 40 hours on mine and don't think i'll be trying anymore props.
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded

5. Member
    I have been happy with my Fury 4 25p running on 2016 Nitro Z21 250ProXS. Excellent performer even with a couple of dings on it from the river. Great hole shot and top end.

6. Member
    The fury4 likes to be run deep , these guys are surfacing the prop a ton and losing blades.

7. Member

surfacing prop

Quote Originally Posted by showdawg View Post
    The fury4 likes to be run deep , these guys are surfacing the prop a ton and losing blades.
    Is there an easy way o tell if your prop is sufacing. Is it the rooster tail behind the boat?

8. Member
    How high prop to pad depends on the boat and a rooster tail usually means your too high.

9. Member
    WOT trimmed up the "rooster tail" shouldn't be much higher than your cowl. And Torque steer becomes real relivent when you begin to surface the prop. The smaller diameter trophy likes to be surfaced but we use to lose an ear from time to time , the Tempest Plus imo loves to be surfaced. And probably the best all around prop out there, especially with the right work. These fury props are castings and there is not a whole lot to be done to them, Mark will even tell you that the things he can do to them is limited. But he can make the Tempest Plus run in butter. The Fury 4 gave my Z520 a ton of lift and drive ability With partial throttle especially in rough water is a ton better. Plus better hole shot. Negative ? I lost some top speed , but to me it's a great compromise, I have a heavy boat that is loaded , carrying (5) 31 AGM batteries and all the gear the 24 Fury 4 still carries me 68 with full load

10. Member
    If you surface a Trophy prop for a few minutes it will only have three blades, been there done that. All Mercury props are castings some are harder metal than others.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12