Thread: Prop issues

Prop issues

I have a 2010 625 pro elite. It has a 250 pro xs and I running 2 talons and a medium load. Right now it has a 27 3 blade fury that needs to be worked. I'm wanting to go to a 4 blade and curious what others are running. Right now it blows out on take off and chin walks bad when I'm on it by myself ptp is 3 in water pressure is around 22 lbs. Speed is round 73 @5800 rpm.

2. Member
    I went with fury 26 but did a lot of asking around and with your set up the bravo 4 blade 28 pitch with 4 vent holes works well also comes with 8 vent holes in xs for even more venting after asking around it was about 50-50 between the two at the cost it would be nice to demo if possible

3. Member
    i have tried everything. i have same setup. 27 tempest is what i run the most. 27 bravo xs is the next.

4. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    A Fury on Blazer is like putting an elevator in an outhouse....it doesn't belong.

5. Member
    i have a 202 and the bravo worked wonders for me.. i have alot of friends running the 625 with both the Pro XS and the Yamaha SHO.. alot of them are running the bravo and love it..

6. Member
    did your bravo help with boat handling compared to 3 blade at wot and at what height are you running jp I am at 2.5-2.75 but water pressure seems a little low

7. Member
    the bravo is very stable. not as much input needed as the tempest but still needed. im not sure what the height is. i have a bobs hydro on mine. im constantly adjusting it.

8. Member
    md my issue is at about 5300 rpm boat handles fine to that point and then gets very unstable if I raise my jp boat settles down and will get on pad ok like you say input is a must but my water pressure is below 20 psi not sure how low psi can be and still get proper cooling is 10 psi ok not sure if I lower jp psi goes up but boat returns to unstable ride man am I confused does anyone have low water pick up on these rigs maybe that will fix the issue not sure psi is my big concern how low is safe at wot

9. Member
    they have low water pick ups. look at this thread, this may help because the top holes maybe pulling in air. I did mine like this and i have never had a water pressure issue.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=20719

10. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    As long as you keep the PSI above about 12 PSI it will be fine. Its more about flow than pressure anyway.

11. Member
    Have you leveled your boat out at all when at rest with a 4' or longer level on back deck?
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguyone View Post
    Have you leveled your boat out at all when at rest with a 4' or longer level on back deck?
    I've never heard of this. What are you looking for and what are you planning to accomplish by doing so?

13. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    To balance the load in the boat.

14. Member
    I literally could hardly handle my boat over 67mph and then I got some help (from a fellow BBCer) balancing it and quickly we were running low 80's....but now I need to find a "bigger" prop for the next runs.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguyone View Post
    I literally could hardly handle my boat over 67mph and then I got some help (from a fellow BBCer) balancing it and quickly we were running low 80's....but now I need to find a "bigger" prop for the next runs.
    I have 625 and it sets stern low in the water real low all weight in rear you must be carrying a ton of gear to get the boat level or bow down but on plane these boats run real level on water I don't think the handling is from to much weight in rear about the only thing I see making a difference is amt of fuel in tanks or solo fishing vs partner

16. Member
    It's not leveling it front to rear it's leveling it side to side at rest with intended occupants in their riding seats. You move gear left to right depending if solo or with a partner. It is a practice that has been around a long time in high performance vee hulls.

17. Member
    Not about leveling the boat Stern to Bow but from side to side. Thank you.