Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ultrex on a 20xrd

Just curious what the weight difference is if any between a mg tour 80lb and an equivalent ultrex? The ultrex also stands up higher on the bow when stowed correct? Leaning towards an Ultrex..... That spot lock feature is calling my name
    Bullet 20 XRD / 225 Merc Sport XS

They are Heavy

3. Member
    Weight on the nose don't affect a 20 as bad as it does a 21. I weighed my 82MG and my 109MG and the 109 was 7lbs more. I didn't notice a diffrence.

Actually 2 years ago for speed runs i removed my trolling motor completely on my 20XD and i ran the exact same speed as having it on.

Canadabullet put my 82MG and removed a 101MK and he noticed a diffrence. He removed his trolling motor on his 21XDC and gained 5mph.

4. Member
    Does anyone know what a mg weighs

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle08 View Post
    Does anyone know what a mg weighs
    What model

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperflow View Post
    Weight on the nose don't affect a 20 as bad as it does a 21. I weighed my 82MG and my 109MG and the 109 was 7lbs more. I didn't notice a diffrence.

Actually 2 years ago for speed runs i removed my trolling motor completely on my 20XD and i ran the exact same speed as having it on.

Canadabullet put my 82MG and removed a 101MK and he noticed a diffrence. He removed his trolling motor on his 21XDC and gained 5mph.

Interesting. .... thanks for the info

7. Member
    Like a x5 80lb 45" shaft I couldn't find it on there website

8. Member
    MK Fortrex 80 weighs 68# & MG X5 80 weighs 61#. The new MG gator mounts are 14# heavier than the old ones.

My 52" 112 ultrex weighs 84 pounds. You can feel it on a 21' hull trust me. They look like shit on there but if you fish there isn't a better troller on the market right now. I am waiting till winter to powdercoat the extrusion black like my fortrex and it will help in the looks department.

10. Member
    Dang that's heavy. But I sure would like one! Got a friend who just raves about having spot lock. Most our waters are too deep for a power pole or talon to do any good.

11. Banned
    I couldn't tell any difference from an older MG 756 to a MK Fortrex 80. Now the big difference was when I mounted an 1198 on the front deck. That made it handle real funky.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet20vee View Post
    I couldn't tell any difference from an older MG 756 to a MK Fortrex 80. Now the big difference was when I mounted an 1198 on the front deck. That made it handle real funky.
    That's interesting, I had a Lcx37, HDS 5, HDS 7, HDS10 and a HDS12 on my bow and i never noticed any difference between any of them.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Just in time View Post
    My 52" 112 ultrex weighs 84 pounds. You can feel it on a 21' hull trust me. They look like shit on there but if you fish there isn't a better troller on the market right now. I am waiting till winter to powdercoat the extrusion black like my fortrex and it will help in the looks department.

I like that idea powder coating the extrusion part black. I wonder how that will hold up in the areas that rub.

Fortrex has been fine and it looks so much cleaner black!

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperflow View Post
    That's interesting, I had a Lcx37, HDS 5, HDS 7, HDS10 and a HDS12 on my bow and i never noticed any difference between any of them.
    I don't know if it is because of the light wieght of the front of the 20vee or what, but it would start a high speed porpoise at about 73 mph. It never did that before I mounted it up front. I turned it down in the front to see if that amde a difference, but then had a switchbox fail on the next couple of runs. I'll know more about it when we get it back together.

A 54omc works fine on a 20. I dont want much more than my 82mg. Between the extra battery and bulk of those huge motors i just dont find it necessary for a lead sled troller

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    A 54omc works fine on a 20. I dont want much more than my 82mg. Between the extra battery and bulk of those huge motors i just dont find it necessary for a lead sled troller
    I'm with ya on an 82lb thrust. I have no issues whatsoever with my mg. Its that spot lock feature thats got me hooked. Where and how i fish would be a game changer for me. Just curious if anyone else has put one on their 20 footer.

18. Member
    That was the first thing I put on mine when I got it. It will hold you within 10 ft on whatever you like. I didn't get the link and I went with a 45" shaft. This thing is huge compared to a motor guide. I put rubber spacers on the front 2 holes to make it levelish. As you are aware a bullet tilts nose down on the top cap so the spacers keep the rear of the trolling motor from sticking 6ft in the air. If the holes weren't already drilled I would TN mount this thing. As far as speeds I can't tell much of a difference.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chass75 View Post
    That was the first thing I put on mine when I got it. It will hold you within 10 ft on whatever you like. I didn't get the link and I went with a 45" shaft. This thing is huge compared to a motor guide. I put rubber spacers on the front 2 holes to make it levelish. As you are aware a bullet tilts nose down on the top cap so the spacers keep the rear of the trolling motor from sticking 6ft in the air. If the holes weren't already drilled I would TN mount this thing. As far as speeds I can't tell much of a difference.
    Can you send me some pics please sir

20. Member
    What year model is your Bullet? Did you have to add any reinforcement due to the extra weight of the Ultrex?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast