Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJfrank View Post
    Unless you are a major circuit pro like BASS or FLW or 2nd tier like BASS Opens or FLW whatever their minor league is, with major sponsors I don't understand wearing a jersey other than wanting to feel like a pro in your own mind. Please explain it to me because I don't get it.
    My jersey represents the fishing club I belong to. I think it shows solidarity.

I don't understand wearing sports jersey for players. I get it for a kid but for an adult to wear another adult's jersey? Never understood that.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

2. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk Fisherman View Post
    My jersey represents the fishing club I belong to. I think it shows solidarity.

I don't understand wearing sports jersey for players. I get it for a kid but for an adult to wear another adult's jersey? Never understood that.
    i think in most cases adults wear a jersey, mainly football one to show their support for " their team". Being I'm in Alabama, you see crimson red football jerseys on a whole lot of people during college football season. I'm a Ga. Tech grad, so phooey on Alabama...��
    My bother lives for the Georgia Bulldogs and on Saturdays, you better know he is wearing his Bulldog jersey. The thing is this too me, have fun in life, enjoy the things that excite you. If wearing a jersey allows you to enjoy it more, I'm all for it. There is enough shirts going around with garbage political sayings which just amps up people's blood pressure. I can't see where wearing a fishing jersey would make anyone upset...well maybe those that think fishing is inhuman, those tree lovers and the such.
    Heck if you got any XXL fishing jerseys you don't want, send them to me. They are usually wick material, cooler than most shirts and they have logos on them that represent something I really enjoy doing.
    Now if my Georgia Tech Yellowjackets would just win more games!

3. Member
    Most contingency payouts at tournaments require logos on a jersey and sometimes decals on the boat... One of our local circuits is part of the ranger cup and phoenix first flight program... Both require jerseys... I don't wear jerseys when out fishing for fun or practice but on tourny days it goes on for the chance to win more money...

4. Banned
    Good info on here that I didn't know. Makes more sense now.

Topic gets enough play considering the OP deleted his post over 24 hours ago....

6. Member
    I guess I do not understand why guys get so worked up over what someone else wears. I do not wear them but I certainly do not care one way or another what other guys wear--more power to them if they want to--I wear a sun shirt and it says Columbia on it over the pocket--do not see the need for more but we should have better things to be concerned about than what someone else is wearing fishing

7. Member
    I fish nude...
    2005 Ranger Z21 2005 Mercury Optimax 250XS Serial#OT999281 25P Mercury Tempest +

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post

Topic gets enough play considering the OP deleted his post over 24 hours ago....
    Lol...true

9. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by CxThree View Post
    I fish nude...
    Please let me know where you are fishing......ill make sure to go in the other direction.

Quote Originally Posted by CxThree View Post
    I fish nude...
    guess you dont have to worry about the "bent pole pattern"
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

11. Member
    Ive constantly batted around the idea of getting fishing jerseys made up for the family for our yearly family fishing trip. Put funny nicknames on the back etc. The wife thinks it would be stupid and I think it would be funny but probably not for long lol

two pages on just a subject that was deleted...
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

13. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilt View Post
    We will talk about anything, but in this day and time, I rather talk about a jersey than whats in the news.

Right?...some in this crowd are just ate up with wierdness.

15. Member
    I wear huk shirts. Expensive but so comfy.

I deleted the post not realizing I put it in the wrong forum

17. Banned
    guess you dont have to worry about the "bent pole pattern"
    Solid B+

I don't wear them but if someone wants to wear a jersey, who cares... You want to wear long pants or short pants, who cares... Sandals, flops or shoes, who cares...
    For me, I like wearing what is clean and comfortable for the time of year. The only thing I really care about is where are the fish and how am I going to get them in the boat...
    Actually, I see the guys at the tournaments with jerseys and may notice it's a jersey but that's about it... just another shirt.
    2009 Triton 20X3
    Mercury 250 ProXS

"Can't" means "don't want to"

19. Member
    To each his own!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12