Backtrack Trailer help

After repairing/welding my trailer every year I have finally decide to throw in the towel and order a new trailer. So now I will have this aluminum heap taking up room. I plan to sell it but before I do I want to replace the badly bowed tongue. The bow starts at the fold away portion of it so im just looking to replace the section from the fold away to the end. I cant seem to find anywhere online to order from Backtrack. I called Xpress and was never called back. (not the first time thats happened when I called Xpress) Anyone know where to start?
    2013 X24 Catfish, Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Banned
    Big River Marine. 870 635 0202 Bill Burnet.

Thank you sir.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Catfish Xpress; 08-17-2017 at 06:11 AM.

Couple examples of the issues.

6. Member
    Tell me more about this new trailer?
    ~~~~GROUND MEAT PRODUCTIONS~~~~
    OUTDOOR VIDEOS
    2016 XPRESS X21 ~ Yamaha F200LB ~ LOWRANCE ~ DAIWA ~

Decided on a steel trailer this time around. Ordered it from Loadmater Trailer Company out of Ohio. 6" frame with tandem 6000lb torsion axels. I know it seems like overkill and it probably is but that 24' Xpress completely crushed that Backtrack Trailer with the 4" frame and 3500lb axels. Loadmaster works directly with Xpress to make sure its an exact fit for the hull. Paint matched with Xpress as well. Plus a few bells and whistles for giggles.

After several weeks of phone calls, e-mails and flat out lies it seems that Xpress is refusing to give any measurements to loadmaster for the new trailer build. $60k for a boat I can't even tow a mile down the road. I still love my Xpress boat but, it will absolutely be my last.

9. Banned
    Couldn't you find out from load master what measurements they need and measure it yourself?

They sent me a sheet to fill out. Definitely more complicated than I expected. Probably not complicated for a lot of people but it is to me. I'm a maintenance guy, I giggle toilet handles and change light bulbs for a living. Would have just thought that an Xpress engineer would have no problem looking up numbers they already have.
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Banned
    I'm not sure if you can still tow with that trailer but maybe you could find a local fabricator /welder or a frame shop and see if you could pay them to help you out. Just a thought.

Unfortunately that is my only option. Drop another $1000 in to this junk trailer so I can tow it the 8hrs up to Ohio at LoadMaster.
    then I have to figure out if the junk trailer is worth the 16hr round trip drive or just leave it there. All because Xpress doesn't want to pull a file.

13. Banned
    I meant to see if they might help you fill out the build sheet but I think that you will be better off getting it to Loadmaster that way you know it will be right.

14. Member
    If the only 'safety concern' for towing it distance is the bowed tongue, I'd get a welding shop to snatch that pivot point off, weld that sucker solid, and haul the whole thing to O-high-O. I mention that b/c I too agree that the only way to make sure it's done right is to get the boat to them.

With all that said .......... I had to replace a trailer for one of my small hyperlift boats years ago due to it was wrecked. I bought a trailer. Cut all the bunk support brackets off. Repainted the grind marks. And then utilized 'bolt-on / adjustable' bunk brackets. I then bolted them into position on the trailer frame and adjusted height as needed to support the hull. It worked out pretty darn good and the guy that bought the boat from me years later is still running the same trailer without any problems.

I will say this though ........ I wished all those brackets were welded into place after I got them adjusted to fit ......... but like I said, the bolted brackets haven't slipped any as of yet.

Good Luck!
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci