Thread: Wow

Wow

I just went to Scheels over lunch and they have 3 leftover PA14s with the "non-180" drive for $2000 each. Fully outfitted with livewell and the works-$2800. The guy even said he's store one in the basement for me til I got a trailer if I wanted one.
    25th Anniversary Champion 187 SCX Elite
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Perception Pescador Pro 120 Kayak
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

2. Illinois Club | PC/Mac Tips & Tweaks Moderator sgt93's Avatar
    The Mirage 180 is pretty pricey alone ($819, just checked) and I can't imagine not having reverse. I used it several times yesterday while reeling in bass in windy conditions. Also, you can throw the Hullavator idea out with the Pro Angler. It's a giant.
    Last edited by sgt93; 08-16-2017 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Price added
    2017 Bass Cat Phelix Honda 25 SOLD
    2007 BCB Cougar FTD Merc Opti 225 SOLD

Instagram: @SSgt93.
    I don't subscribe to threads. PM if you need me.

I agree on the reverse! Never thought I'd use it much but now I find myself using it ALL THE TIME!! Still, for an $1800 discount over a 2017 with reverse I might just have to pick up one of those if I were you!

Quote Originally Posted by sgt93 View Post
    The Mirage 180 is pretty pricey alone ($819, just checked) and I can't imagine not having reverse. I used it several times yesterday while reeling in bass in windy conditions. Also, you can throw the Hullavator idea out with the Pro Angler. It's a giant.
    Yeah, I kinda already threw that idea out. The last time I loaded my Pescador onto the roof it took less than 3 minutes. A few more to lash it down. If I went crazy and got a PA, I'd just get a trailer. Odds are, I won't do anything since I still have my bass boat and I love my Pescador 120. I just wanted to post those crazy prices. They also have their last Pescador Pilot marked down to 1199.
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

If you get into tournament kayak fishing you'll wish you had a pedal drive regardless if it's a Hobie or otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    If you get into tournament kayak fishing you'll wish you had a pedal drive regardless if it's a Hobie or otherwise!
    I can see that. I'm still thinking about it, there's no reason a guy can't have 2 yaks.
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

Tell me about it!!! I just sold a Pro Angler 14 and still have two more Pro Angler 14s, an Outback, a 9ft Wave Youth kayak, a 12ft Aquapod, and 3 pirogues!! LOL

Tell me about it!!! I just sold a Pro Angler 14 and still have two more Pro Angler 14s, an Outback, a 9ft Wave Youth kayak, a 12ft Aquapod, and 3 pirogues!! LOL
    Your yard must look like a marina! Good to know.
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

Luckily small boats don't take up all that much space! I usually have one of the Pro Anglers loaned out so that helps keep the clutter down. The other PA and the Outback are usually on my trailer in the garage. The 9' Wave fits in the loft and the pirogues all stack inside each other. The Aquapod is the only one that's really cumbersome but man is that thing ever nice to duck hunt out of!!

Here are two of my youngest boys in the Aquapod from this past duck season. It's nice to have a stable craft for them that drafts next to nothing and will keep them dry and comfy for extended periods. My little one even brings his legos and plays in the bottom of the boat with them while the birds aren't flying.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ring King; 08-17-2017 at 11:13 AM.

Eh, it depends on who you talk to

Quote Originally Posted by fluke1987 View Post
    Eh, it depends on who you talk to
    I had to think about that one too. But then I remembered there are tourneys where everyone shows up and you have to race to your spot just like takeoff in a boat tourney. I was thinking about the month longs where you can take your time getting your 5.
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

To me it's more about the amount of time I can spend fishing from a pedal kayak vs. paddling and adjusting my position etc in a paddle kayak. Holding myself in position in wind and current is another major advantage.

To me it's more about the amount of time I can spend fishing from a pedal kayak vs. paddling and adjusting my position etc in a paddle kayak. Holding myself in position in wind and current is another major advantage.
    Each has their advantages I agree. In my case I haven't really found too much of a need for pedals because of all of the smaller and weedy lakes I fish. You get the job done with what you have. If I need to stay put in the wind or current I use my anchor and trolley and the paddle I feel can position you better than pedals. And if I can on bigger lakes if the tournament allows it I use my motor, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by fluke1987 View Post
    Each has their advantages I agree. In my case I haven't really found too much of a need for pedals because of all of the smaller and weedy lakes I fish. You get the job done with what you have. If I need to stay put in the wind or current I use my anchor and trolley and the paddle I feel can position you better than pedals. And if I can on bigger lakes if the tournament allows it I use my motor, haha.
    I just read a fishing report on one of my favorite lakes to yak fish. Due to a hotter-than-normal summer the weeds are so thick its now only accessible by a kayak or small boat. That would prolly rule out pedals.
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat