Helix 10 SI G2N won't display in deep water... help

Greetings all! First post on this forum, wow there are some spectacular threads here.. I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for...

I have a new Humminbird Helix 10 Si G2N MEGA but I connot seem to get it to display decent returns of the SI or DI in water depths over 20-25ft. Is there a setting I can change? Or is his a limitation on SI and DI?

The images I'm getting in less than 20ft of water are very clear!

Thanks all!

2. Member
    Make sure your si range is about 3x the actual depth. The deeper the water the more the sensitivity needs to be increased

3. Banned
    Mega is a tool just like everything else. Depending on the conditions you may need to change frequencies when over 20 ft. It seems a lot of folks run Di on 455 chirp with good results at all depths and change the Si depending on depth/conditions.

4. Banned
    Mega works great down to about 100 feet. These are with default settings

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ntslam View Post
    Make sure your si range is about 3x the actual depth. The deeper the water the more the sensitivity needs to be increased
    Thanks! I'll give that a try. Seems SI won't find bottom at all once deeper than 25ft

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    Mega is a tool just like everything else. Depending on the conditions you may need to change frequencies when over 20 ft. It seems a lot of folks run Di on 455 chirp with good results at all depths and change the Si depending on depth/conditions.
    Thanks! I have noticed better returns with the lower frequencies just not the mega clarity I was hoping to be able to use. The water I'm in is fairly stained with algae.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlYiNGUY View Post
    Thanks! I'll give that a try. Seems SI won't find bottom at all once deeper than 25ft
    whats your range set at?

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlYiNGUY View Post
    Thanks! I have noticed better returns with the lower frequencies just not the mega clarity I was hoping to be able to use. The water I'm in is fairly stained with algae.
    That will do it. I have seen ranges vary with the lake area because water and bottom conditions were different. I am betting those pics posted above are on a hard bottom lake with clear water.

9. Banned
    water type doesnt affect range imo, just clutter

If you aren't getting SI deeper than 25' there is a problem with the unit, transducer, or installation ..... not the unit capabilities. Please post some images of what you are seeing.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
    If you aren't getting SI deeper than 25' there is a problem with the unit, transducer, or installation ..... not the unit capabilities. Please post some images of what you are seeing.
    Thanks, I kind of thought that too, I'll get pictures tomorrow.