Panoptix network issues

Finally got my network hub to expand my GCV10 so I can have both my PS21 and PS30 hooked up at the same time. When I have one or the other (panoptix) plugged in things work fine but if I plug in both things dont work well. When I go to the panoptix button on the mfd sometimes I get downview options and sometimes I get forward view. (but never both). Then when I click on any of these sometimes they work and sometimes I get "no transducer detected". I did the latest software update with everything turned on, same issue.

I also ran this through just my GCV10 without the network port expander, same issue.

I am running a 1040xs and 741xs.

Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Bill

2. Member
    Does the same thing happen if you only have one mfd connected?

Did you try it with only the network expander connected and not using the GCV?

Are you using any cable extensions?

Checked all the connections? It sounds kind of like a loose connection somewhere with the intermittent thing going on.

Im just throwing out guesses here. I think you're going to have to call Garmin on this.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

3. Member
    I was kind of thinking loose connection also but no matter how I hook it up I get the same results. When I had it running through my gcv10 there was only one MFD hooked up.

4. Member
    I just had a thought - when you up-dated the software, did you have the GCV connected and powered up? You might check the version for it. It should be up to 3.30

5. Member
    yep, had everything on an updated. The gcv was at 3.30

6. Member
    Well garmin thinks I maybe have a bad cable somewhere. They said the have seen issue with the GMS10 but I tried bypassing that and had the same issue.

I have a lot of cables bundled close together, I know they are shielded but could there be some sort of crosstalk, or something causing this?

7. Member
    From your description, I doubt that. I tend to agree its probably a cable or connection. Are you using the locking rings?

8. Member
    Well switched things around a few more times and pulled out some cables and things started working. Not sure if it was a cable issue or connection but things seem to be working well now. I'll post back if it craps out again and I can get to root cause.

9. Member
    Fingers crossed for you :)