Ignition switch issue

Last time I had it my boat out my clumsy self hit the key with my knee and bent it. Tried to straighten it some and like a fool ended up snapping it off. I have another OEM key ordered off EBAY that was supposed to arrive Friday the 21st and I still don't have it and the seller has yet to answer my messages. I'll deal with him later. What I want to do is use my boat. Took a few day off just to fish and now this.
    My question is if there is a way to hot wire the ignition and bypass the key? I realize it's probably not the safest thing to do but it's just temporary. I could probably put the broke piece of key in it and get it to work but I'm afraid I can't get it back out. Then I'm buying a new ignition switch not just a key. There is a wiring diagram in the sticky threads but I'm not sure which wires to cross and don't want to end up blowing fuses or worse. Any help and suggestions is greatly appreciated.

2. Member
    Any generic switch will work. Should have terminal identification sheet with switch. Usually B for battery I for ignition and S for starter
    2006 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    Mercury 225 Pro XS
    80# Motorguide Xi