521L FLW CUP EXPO

I got to see the boat first hand and its still a Ranger. Its fit and finish is as expected.

I did notice a few things that stood out:

fenders are again tight to boat hull, on my 521C I can wash boat and my hand has room to go down and wash. L boat only a finger.

Rear deck shorter overall. rear deck NO SPLASHWELL is longer than my C. from transom to carpet longer that is.

the height of the side of boat from carpet to top cap is taller (rear deck like 6 inches and front 4 inches) C boat less

the seats are further back from C boat also front panel is futher back because of the twisted Graph position

I like the boat and the rear X look verse the 3 rail in C boat is not a safety hazard. its very nice and smooth. I like it better

The Coin Box is a tad smaller and inside depth less than C boat.

I do like it and its nise just a few changes I saw. but still a Ranger
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

2. Member
    Yeah. I got a look at it too. Cannot believe that boat was 98K and they put a manual jackplate on it. Sharp boat but that's crazy money for a bass boat.
    2005 Ranger Z21 2005 Mercury Optimax 250XS Serial#OT999281 25P Mercury Tempest +

Quote Originally Posted by CxThree View Post
    Yeah. I got a look at it too. Cannot believe that boat was 98K and they put a manual jackplate on it. Sharp boat but that's crazy money for a bass boat.
    That was the ICON, regular L boats 70K +
    JEFF MURRAY USMC

4. Member
    Ahh. Yeah I was talking about the black one. You must be talking about the Maroon/Silver one. Sorry.
    2005 Ranger Z21 2005 Mercury Optimax 250XS Serial#OT999281 25P Mercury Tempest +

Both are L models just the Maroon was ICON. The Black a regular L.

ICON only in that color
    JEFF MURRAY USMC

The Icon model had a hydraulic jack plate on it, it's standard equipment with that package. There was a manual plate on the black out version.

7. Member
    Yep. I was talking about the black one. It amazes me that they would show a boat at that price range, with all those options, with all that size and weight, and put a manual jack plate on it. Just thought it was odd. I'd think you would want/need the ability to adjust the JP on a boat of that size.

8. Member
    I'm not a Ranger guy (more financial then preference), but the new L series is probably the nicest looking boat I've ever seen.