2001 evinrude ficht 200hp oil

Ya'll must get tired of oil questions, I've read a couple conflicting things,

On this '01 ficht ram 200 , I'll be saltwater trolling a lot. Will it harm it at all to run xd-100? Seems like running clean with little/no carbon build up is a good thing for lots of trolling.

I believe the motor previously ran xd-50 or something other than xd-100.

My plan right now is to run a can of engine tuner, soak, then start on xd-100. Thoughts?

Thanks!

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    That is a good plan.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    That is a good plan.
    So just confirming, I don't need to worry about differing viscosity in xd-50 vs xd-100 in my model/year motor?

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Nope just add the XD-100 when the time comes and you keep on chugging. Just give your plugs a look every once and a while and regap them to .028" tight. They don't like a lot of idle time.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Nope just add the XD-100 when the time comes and you keep on chugging. Just give your plugs a look every once and a while and regap them to .028" tight. They don't like a lot of idle time.
    Thanks, also I still plan on doing a decarb procedure before I switch over to the xd-100.

Over time the XD100 will decarb it for you
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Be sure to install the E-TEC thermostats, # 5005440 and QC10WEP plugs gapped to .028" and indexed. That will enhance plug life and trolling.

XD-100 is the very best oil for your FICHT. Make sure the motor is propped in the 5600-5800 rpm range for best results.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAHORSE View Post
    Be sure to install the E-TEC thermostats, # 5005440 and QC10WEP plugs gapped to .028" and indexed. That will enhance plug life and trolling.

XD-100 is the very best oil for your FICHT. Make sure the motor is propped in the 5600-5800 rpm range for best results.
    Great info, thanks gents. I had read a few guys say that if I just went over to the xd-100 without decarbing, carbon could break off in big chunks ...

Quote Originally Posted by sandspike20 View Post
    Great info, thanks gents. I had read a few guys say that if I just went over to the xd-100 without decarbing, carbon could break off in big chunks ...
    Doubtful, I think that could be of a more possibility when decarbing.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.