Erratic Poster (at best) samario's Avatar

Parking lot damage to Ranger trailer: need advice

I have a 2005 520DVX and trailer. Damaged incurred on right trailer fender and front axle wheel. Having to replace fender, axle, wheel. Insurance paying as a hit and run; $100 deductible on a $3000 plus repair job. All under control except wheels. Current wheels not available for a replacement. So, getting a new set. Ranger says the new wheels will retrofit back to my 2005 but no further. Ok, questions are: Can I use 15, 16 OR 17 inch on this trailer? Is there someplace online I can see the available choices without going to my dealer? They are not available on ranger.com, that I can find. Build a Boat just does the trailer finishes. Want to pull the trigger on the completing the insurance claim today without a couple of hours at the dealer during which I will undoubtedly buy more stuff I do not need.
    Time on the water is time well spent.
    Samario, 2005 Ranger Comanche 520 DVX

2. Member
    Why don't you ask Ranger what will fit and get them there.

3. Erratic Poster (at best) samario's Avatar
    I did. Was referred to my dealer. Preferred to ask here first.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by samario View Post
    I have a 2005 520DVX and trailer. Damaged incurred on right trailer fender and front axle wheel. Having to replace fender, axle, wheel. Insurance paying as a hit and run; $100 deductible on a $3000 plus repair job. All under control except wheels. Current wheels not available for a replacement. So, getting a new set. Ranger says the new wheels will retrofit back to my 2005 but no further. Ok, questions are: Can I use 15, 16 OR 17 inch on this trailer? Is there someplace online I can see the available choices without going to my dealer? They are not available on ranger.com, that I can find. Build a Boat just does the trailer finishes. Want to pull the trigger on the completing the insurance claim today without a couple of hours at the dealer during which I will undoubtedly buy more stuff I do not need.
    Keep in mind the taller the wheels, the higher the boat sits in the air which makes shallow water launches more difficult without getting your feet wet.
    2015 Ranger Z118C w/150 Mercury 4s

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by samario View Post
    I did. Was referred to my dealer. Preferred to ask here first.
    Who did you talk to? You need to talk to the trailer department or the engineering department that designs the trailers. Tell the operator that is who you want to talk to when you call the factory. Thats what I did when I was having trouble with carlisle tires.

I have a 2001 520DVX, tandem trailer with 15" after market wheels, no problems

7. Erratic Poster (at best) samario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sjcorpst View Post
    Keep in mind the taller the wheels, the higher the boat sits in the air which makes shallow water launches more difficult without getting your feet wet.
    Thanks!

8. Erratic Poster (at best) samario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    Who did you talk to? You need to talk to the trailer department or the engineering department that designs the trailers. Tell the operator that is who you want to talk to when you call the factory. Thats what I did when I was having trouble with carlisle tires.
    Thanks. I will call back and do that.

9. Erratic Poster (at best) samario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy/LGF View Post
    I have a 2001 520DVX, tandem trailer with 15" after market wheels, no problems
    Thanks!

10. Member
    I would try a local tire dealer. Probably a lot more choices and a lot less money out of your pocket. Bigger wheels with low profile tires and you won't raise the trailer much at all!!

John

11. Erratic Poster (at best) samario's Avatar
    Error
    Last edited by samario; 08-16-2017 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Error

12. Erratic Poster (at best) samario's Avatar
    Thx! Helpful.