brake pads for gambler trailer

I have the UFP db-42 and was wandering if there are any cross refs for pads I can get locally at an auto part store. I cant find any UFP pads locally. I need them quick. Thanks
    Please Lord, let this fish stay on!!

2. Member
    My 1994 Ameritail trailer used calipers and pads off a chevy cavalier. I believe it was a 1990 model year. If you do a search, it'll bring up more details.

Without me sounding too ignorant .....Do you actually need brakes on yalls G? I have never checked mine and would rather them not work using my F150 it stops it on a dime, now I know if I used my Tacoma it would probably help but I was wondering about this and would rather buy a lockout for the tongue since it aggravates me when I cant push it back because my tongue is slid back...

Sorry to side step the OPs question but curiosity got the best of me since I couldnt sleep

In a critical or emergency stop scenario, trailer brakes will assist control dramatically. If you've ever been in that situation, you'll thank the trailer manufacturer for installing them.

I doubt that it would happen, but failure to maintain, repair/replace brakes on your trailer could become an issue on an insurance claim or liability lawsuit.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

I tow my G with a tacoma and the brakes are neccessary. If you cant back your trailer without it locking sounds like your reverse solonoid in the tongue is not working.

6. Member
    I believe Mark v is right. Cant remember the exact year but I think it is a cavelier
    '06 Gambler 2100
    '06 Mercury Racing 250XS

1991 Plymouth Acclaim or Dodge Daytona, front pad.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

8. Member
    Proper working trailer brakes can mean 50 to 60 feet in stopping distance. Could be the difference in an accident or not.

9. Member
    Tow my 209 with a 2003 Tacoma and proper functioning trailer brakes are the only reason it is even remotely safe. I can panic stop with boat in tow every bit as well as I can without it.

Maybe I will put that on the winter to do list. My F150 stops on a dime anyway but if I ever use my Tacoma it would be nice

11. Member
    Lil Red if you lived somewhere that the biggest hills weren't ant piles you would have already fixed yours.

Haha well In fact I went over 3 anthills and a curb last time it was out just to flex my springs some...
    And that is for sure, If I ever had to go to Missouri again I would have all new brakes, a blindfold and a Designated Driver

13. Member
    Looks like I might get to come down your way and run over some ant hills myself. My father in law just about has his place in Inverness fixed up and I'm saving my vacation to come down and fish probably the week after Thanksgiving. Do you think that would be a good time to catch a big one ?

Honestly I coukdnt tell you, thats huntin season and Im always runnin dogs....Actually I just got invited (more than likely as long as his wife doesnt want to go) to go hunt in your neck of the woods the day after Thanksgiving for a week in Collinwood Tennessee. We might drive past each other

Ok thanks guys.