Question 2007 Gambler 2100 driving suggestions

Hey guys,

I bought a G-Boat (Gambler 2100DC, 250 Merc ProXS, 12" Bobs, TXP 4-blade) and on my first few times out, I realized its different from any boat I have ever owned. I have owned a Bullet 20XRD, Allison XB2003, Bullet 21XDC, Nitro Z-9 CDC, and the 2100 is extremely different in driving characteristics than I have experienced. It feels really soft and handles chop well, but seems a but squirrely keeping it on pad at WOT. Can y'all give me any pointers on basic driving that I may be missing? Like getting it out of the hole, cornering, high-speed runs, trim angle, prop-to-pad ratio, etc. I just want to get any pointers from you guys that have ran them a while. It will be much appreciated!

2. Member
    I can tell you this much too much trim will cause the squirley condition your talking about.
    Former USAF Gunner B-52H

I know your G is still new but I would love comparisons of the G vs Bullet vs Ally

I have Been thinking about a 4 seater Ally so Im curious.....

WELCOME!!!
    please take no offense to this!, but i am amazed to here a Bullet owner coming over to the G side and having issues driving...

first thing i'd note, is the TXP prop...never heard of one of these performing well on a G... what rpm/speeds did you start to notice the issue?
    quickest and fastest prop i've personally ran, is the 27 trophy...i just got tired of slinging blades and the sometimes struggle with summer time heat and getting on plane...
    bravos normally are a must have on the G for over all performance...
    but a 27 fury does well too...

as far as getting out of the hole, unless you run about 2-3 pitches smaller than your top end wants, you will need to use the trim tabs all summer long...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

5. Member
    +1

Actually the first problem is your screen name! Your boat will never perform under that name;)
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by low slung cruiser View Post
    Actually the first problem is your screen name! Your boat will never perform under that name;)
    Mr StrokerDee :thumb

Yep...I think that might just be the problem....
    LD